Help!!!

cblee123

It looks like mannequins are done by first placing the mannequin (an Actor called PlayerHouseMannequin) just like any other WorldObject, then placing a MannequinActivateTrig (an Activator that looks like a transparent red box) at the exact same location, facing the exact same direction, as the mannequin. Now double-click the mannequin (use the Cell View window if you're having trouble clicking it through the ActivateTrig), move to the Activate Parents tab and point it to the ActivateTrig. That is, right-click on the empty field, select New, and select the ActivateTrig one of the two ways the window lets you. Clicking on it in the Render Window or through a list of cells and objects. Set the Delay to 0 (you want to poke around with the mannequin as soon as you click it) and toggle Parent Activate Only (so you can't activate it in two different ways, I suppose?).

One last step. Place an XMarkerHeading static (a bigger transparent red box with an arrow sticking out) at the exact same place (as always, make sure the angles are the same as well) as the mannequin. Now we have a mannequin wrapped in a MannequinActivateTrig wrapped in an XMarkerHeading. Double-click the XMarkerHeading, open up the Linked Ref (NOT Activate Parents. This is something else) tab and point it to the mannequin. Do the same with the mannequin, linking it to the XMarkerHeading. I would need to read the scripts to know why this is important, but I'm a bit strapped for time.

Weapon Racks have two visual objects. The WeaponRackMidPlayerHouse (also non-PlayerHouse versions, but we naturally want the PlayerHouse ones) Activator and the WeaponRackEndCap Static. Place a bunch of WeaponRackMids in a line depending on how long you want the rack to be, then place a WeaponRackEndCap (basically just a wooden post) at each side. Once you've built your Weapon Rack, place a WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse (looks like an orange box) at the exact same place as each WeaponRackMid. Link the ACTIVATOR to the WeaponRackMid, just like with the mannequin, but this time we need to give it a keyword. The drop-down box is right there when you're looking at the link, so it shouldn't be a problem. We want the WRackTrigger keyword. Do the same for the WeaponRackMid to the ACTIVATOR on top of it, this time using the WRackActivator keyword.

Plaques are done exactly the same as WeaponRacks. Their name is even WeaponRackPlaquePlayerHouse. Put a WeaponRackPlaquePlayerHouse wherever you want it on the wall, and place a WeaponRackPlaqueACTIVATORPlayerHouse (looks like a big white decagon) at the exact same location. The ACTIVATOR is linked to the Plaque with the WRackTrigger keyword and the plaque is linked to the Activator with the WRackActivator keyword.

And that should be that. As a fair warning, this is all COMPLETELY UNTESTED. If you're still having problems I can make another tutorial with images and actual testing, but I literally need to be out the door in 5 minutes. Best of luck to you.

It looks like mannequins are done by first placing the mannequin (an Actor called PlayerHouseMannequin) just like any other WorldObject, then placing a MannequinActivateTrig (an Activator that looks like a transparent red box) at the exact same location, facing the exact same direction, as the mannequin. Now double-click the mannequin (use the Cell View window if you're having trouble clicking it through the ActivateTrig), move to the Activate Parents tab and point it to the ActivateTrig. That is, right-click on the empty field, select New, and select the ActivateTrig one of the two ways the window lets you. Clicking on it in the Render Window or through a list of cells and objects. Set the Delay to 0 (you want to poke around with the mannequin as soon as you click it) and toggle Parent Activate Only (so you can't activate it in two different ways, I suppose?).

One last step. Place an XMarkerHeading static (a bigger transparent red box with an arrow sticking out) at the exact same place (as always, make sure the angles are the same as well) as the mannequin. Now we have a mannequin wrapped in a MannequinActivateTrig wrapped in an XMarkerHeading. Double-click the XMarkerHeading, open up the Linked Ref (NOT Activate Parents. This is something else) tab and point it to the mannequin. Do the same with the mannequin, linking it to the XMarkerHeading. I would need to read the scripts to know why this is important, but I'm a bit strapped for time.

Weapon Racks have two visual objects. The WeaponRackMidPlayerHouse (also non-PlayerHouse versions, but we naturally want the PlayerHouse ones) Activator and the WeaponRackEndCap Static. Place a bunch of WeaponRackMids in a line depending on how long you want the rack to be, then place a WeaponRackEndCap (basically just a wooden post) at each side. Once you've built your Weapon Rack, place a WeaponRackMidACTIVATORPlayerHouse (looks like an orange box) at the exact same place as each WeaponRackMid. Link the ACTIVATOR to the WeaponRackMid, just like with the mannequin, but this time we need to give it a keyword. The drop-down box is right there when you're looking at the link, so it shouldn't be a problem. We want the WRackTrigger keyword. Do the same for the WeaponRackMid to the ACTIVATOR on top of it, this time using the WRackActivator keyword.

Plaques are done exactly the same as WeaponRacks. Their name is even WeaponRackPlaquePlayerHouse. Put a WeaponRackPlaquePlayerHouse wherever you want it on the wall, and place a WeaponRackPlaqueACTIVATORPlayerHouse (looks like a big white decagon) at the exact same location. The ACTIVATOR is linked to the Plaque with the WRackTrigger keyword and the plaque is linked to the Activator with the WRackActivator keyword.

And that should be that. As a fair warning, this is all COMPLETELY UNTESTED. If you're still having problems I can make another tutorial with images and actual testing, but I literally need to be out the door in 5 minutes. Best of luck to you.

If you have time, at some later date, this would be a really useful tutorial to add to the wiki :) Going to bookmark this for my own future reference anyway.

Edited by CampanaAliquanta

This is all good but please note that for the Display Cases a third prop is needed for the opening and closing case and are under World Object/Door.

The wiki actually already has a mannequin tutorial. Theres also one (though briefer l believe) on weapon racks.

Good luck wih modding :P it really does seem quite fun.

Haven't seen the Mannequin tut before (looks good though), but the default prefab tut for weapon racks sucks ass.

I try to Copy and Paste a weapon rack from the WarehousePrefabs cell into my cell following the tut but the activator didn't work ingame. And a tut that tells you to just cut and paste isn't a tut its just handing it to you (giving you the fish vs teaching you to fish). I had to backwards engineer the racks to get them to work (even then the alinement of the weapons is off when placed), if they had just told me how to make one from scratch I wouldn't have to do that.

Edit: Just noticed the "Creating a Weapon Mount" tut add by a user, much better.

Edited by Grand Architect

The easiest way to do mannequins and weapon racks is to just copy the group (select all the parts, edit, copy render) and paste them into the cell/place you want a new one (edit, paste render).

If you go to the WarehousePrefabs cell and copy paste one of the many weapon racks do they work for you? I did this as the Bethesda Tut on Prefabs states but the activator didn't work in game. I only ask this to see if this was my own problem.

Edited by Grand Architect

The easiest way to do mannequins and weapon racks is to just copy the group (select all the parts, edit, copy render) and paste them into the cell/place you want a new one (edit, paste render).

If you go to the WarehousePrefabs cell and copy paste one of the many weapon racks do they work for you? I did this as the Bethesda Tut on Prefabs states but the activator didn't work in game.

I just copy a rack or mannequin (all 3 parts simultaneously) in the player houses and paste where I need it. I don't use any of the warehouse stuff. I have had no issues (like so many others keep reporting) with any mannequin, rack or bookshelf.