Is there a sticky somewhere for "must have" mods?

dthompson32

I'm putting this question here, since I'm not sure if it belongs in the mod forums.

I recall in Oblivion there were a couple set of instructions for loading mods in a specific order (i'm thinking the the FCOM instructions). I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed. I have about a dozen mods of various types, and now with the Workshop I'm not sure what I do and don't want.

It's a bit of information overload, and I'm worried about conflicts and such.

What I'd like to do is reload a fresh copy of Skyrim and load some useful *stable* mods on top of it, but I'm not even sure what to look for. I don't want to get into the situation of loading everything that looks sort of cool. I did that with Oblivion and ended up with corrupted save files and a forced restart after about 100 hours.

Is anyone trying to keep a list of recommended mods?

Well I say forget about steam workshop completely and install everything with nexus mod manager. That way when you install a mod you'll find out if it conflicts with anything else. Then just press no to overwrite and uninstall what you just installed and every other mod will be untouched.

Well I say forget about steam workshop completely and install everything with nexus mod manager. That way when you install a mod you'll find out if it conflicts with anything else. Then just press no to overwrite and uninstall what you just installed and every other mod will be untouched.

This is great advice. I guess I can just ignore the Workshop, since anything really good will be loaded here too.

I haven't been using the modmanager, but I'm going to rectify that.

Nexus top 100, sounds like a lot of sex mods!

So, in the top 25 (which is what you get when you select "Top 100"), there is exactly one mod that is specifically a sex mod. It just appeared there lately. I looked at it briefly and I expect it will disappear from that list once the novelty has worn off. There are two body replacers which I don't consider specifically sexual -- I never run a Bethesda game without a nude mod since I find that a world full of matching undies is just too much of an immersion breaker. There's one mod that adds some jiggle to one of the body mods. One "skimpy" armor replacement and then the rest are pretty wholesome (if you count more realistic blood and gore wholesome).