Things you cannot change

danshive

There are certain things that, as far as I can tell, you cannot change via the creation kit. Thus far, the two main things I'm aware of are invisibility and how the character levels up. I was hoping to make it so the character could interact with things while remaining invisible with a master level invisibility spell, and I was hoping to add more perks (which you can do) along with more perks per level (which I don't think you can do).

In summary, two things: Am I mistaken about being unable to change those things using the creation kit, and is there anything you've wanted to do using the kit that you have found to be impossible using the kit as is?

There are certain things that, as far as I can tell, you cannot change via the creation kit. Thus far, the two main things I'm aware of are invisibility and how the character levels up. I was hoping to make it so the character could interact with things while remaining invisible with a master level invisibility spell, and I was hoping to add more perks (which you can do) along with more perks per level (which I don't think you can do).

In summary, two things: Am I mistaken about being unable to change those things using the creation kit, and is there anything you've wanted to do using the kit that you have found to be impossible using the kit as is?

My small list so far:

•  
  • Call Console Commands from scripts
  • Read and Write Custom .ini values instead of using globals for easier Script Behavior Modification
  • Add new Skills
  • Add new Perk Trees
  • No Chameleon Effect
  • Add new animations

Some of these things can be done with SKSE/Script Dragon. Such as more perk points, probably a chameleon effect, and having alternatives to calling console commands.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

No new animations? That's really surprising. That was easy to do in the Fallout games.

The only thing that has not been demonstrated is new weapons animations and new skeletons/actors (non-replacers). Changing weapon animations works. PlayIdle animations also work (go look on that *other site*) .

Edited by jimhsu

My list so far

• Annyoing soul gem listing, i.e. not processing inventory
  • Nonsense potion pricing (aweosme-effect + awful-poisonous-side-effect shouldn't be more worth than awesome-effect)

native-keyword = "Haha, we hardcoded this sh­i­t"

Edited by GisleAune

My list so far

• Nonsense potion pricing (aweosme-effect + awful-poisonous-side-effect shouldn't be more worth than awesome-effect)

You can set potion prices manually, no? So that doesn't fit on the "can't change" list.

My list so far

To me, "native" = "let's get SKSE in on the action".

^SKSE will make a dependency and wouldn't allow for Steam Workshop upload. And no, I'm not a "modding for the nexus" type. I would upload to both, but nexus only? No.

You can set potion prices manually, no? So that doesn't fit on the "can't change" list.

Sorry, should have mentioned I meant the prices for the crafted potions.

Edited by GisleAune