Old Game Saves from a different MOSG Config - a Problematic but Funny Situation

kronovan

So...first time posting here - hello everyone.

I haven't played Morrowind for about 3 years and the last time I played it was with my derelict of a gaming rig with just an Athlon X2 @ 2.2 Ghz, Geforce 250 GS and 2 GB RAM. At the time I was running Morrowind with MOSG, but needless to say I wasn't running with many of the bells & whistles turned on. A few months back my son built me a gaming rig out of some of the components he's replaced with upgrades. Since he runs with only bleeding edge, what he built me isn't too far behind the tech curve and can run MOSG with every bell & whistle screaming - heck it pretty much runs Fallout 4 with everything maxed. ;)

I managed to copy in my Morrowind saves from my old PC, but got a funny surprise. I got a series of warnings that my saves were made with a different config, but after clicking OK past a handful of them, I got impatient & just clicked OK to everything. It's been long enough since I played that I couldn't remember my PC's race, but was under the impression it was a Nord. Much to my surprise, when I loaded up I was looking at the backside of a naked Argonian with a female dark elf giving me a stern look and saying "put that away." Since all my armor and clothing were gone -I'm guessing due to the different MOSG config- and I didn't have a weapon in either hand, I'm thinking she might have been referring to my reptilian genitals. lol :) I'm fairly certain such dialog wasn't possible in vanilla Morrowind, but I have no idea if sarcasm like that exists in MOSG. Or maybe it's just some kludge caused by a config incompatibility.

Anyhow...I'm wondering if my old saves are even going to work with a different MOSG config and if there's any pitfalls to expect and possibly work around? If anyone can give me any info or suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing about it.