Settlement bounty board

JackOLoser

A construct-able object you can place in settlements that would provide respawning, radiant bounty quests. They'd be turned in at the settlement itself, same as any other settlement quest (like the kidnappings or clearing out an unsafe area, for instance).

Doesn't seem like it'd be exceptionally complicated. Bounties could provide a handful of caps, ammo, chems, or junk items, maybe scaled to the player's level.

I was thinking up the idea of some sort of bounty hunting system like this a while back, though I never requested it. I was thinking that there could be a modification the player could build and attach to any given hat/headgear, and then use VATS to scan any given enemy or NPC to see if they have a bounty on them, a short description of their crime or who they wronged to get a bounty on them, and the dead/alive reward. Then there could be attachments and weapons added to the game that the player gains the ability to buy the blueprints for and buy directly respectively as well as occasionally find that would give the player nonlethal options to deal with targets, starting with melee weapons and other weak stuff and building up from there as the player becomes more experienced and respected as a bounty hunter (translation: the more bounties you bring in the better the stuff you're able to buy). There should also be bounty hunter themed armors and novelty items and stuff like that the player could buy as they increase in rank. Of course, it's also entirely possible the player might get a bounty on them and get hunted down by bounty hunters themselves as they screw people over, raiders for instance might put a bounty on the player if you sneak around clearing out their bases.

Incidentally, I was playing Star Wars Bounty Hunter not too long ago when I thought this up, so the idea was based on how bounty hunting works in that game.

I usually ask this when this suggestion comes up... what's wrong with the bounty boards in Diamond City? (Granted, you only get some experience and caps from them. But they are there.) They are easily fixed to be permanent (make them respawn after 24h in the SM Node), random location (make "closest to" blank) and adding new ones is as easy as copying an old one and adding it to the Node as well (granted, the base game only has "clear out area" bounties for raiders, ghouls and Not-So-Jolly Green Giants).

There are a few mods on the Nexus already that fix those bounty boards and some that add new bounties. I mean, if you have to have it in a settlement for RP reasons sure... but the functionality is in the game already. So copy it over to a settlement and/or just expand on the original bounties. :smile:

It shouldn't be too hard to make more and more challenging bounties based on the number of bounties you've already turned in either. Could probably even make it so that you get "special" bounties (named enemies/items that need to be recovered) that have a chance of spawning after X bounties. Make a new global "BountiesCompleted", make it go up by 1 every time you finish a bounty, and add it as a requirement for certain quests to be able to spawn. (Maybe make some "fake" bounties that the bad guys have put up to lure you into a trap after a certain amount of bounties have been completed. Could make for a decent storyline potentially.)

Edited by ibldedibble

I usually ask this when this suggestion comes up... what's wrong with the bounty boards in Diamond City? (Granted, you only get some experience and caps from them. But they are there.) They are easily fixed to be permanent (make them respawn after 24h in the SM Node), random location (make "closest to" blank) and adding new ones is as easy as copying an old one and adding it to the Node as well (granted, the base game only has "clear out area" bounties for raiders, ghouls and Not-So-Jolly Green Giants).

There are a few mods on the Nexus already that fix those bounty boards and some that add new bounties. I mean, if you have to have it in a settlement for RP reasons sure... but the functionality is in the game already. So copy it over to a settlement and/or just expand on the original bounties. :smile:

It shouldn't be too hard to make more and more challenging bounties based on the number of bounties you've already turned in either. Could probably even make it so that you get "special" bounties (named enemies/items that need to be recovered) that have a chance of spawning after X bounties. Make a new global "BountiesCompleted", make it go up by 1 every time you finish a bounty, and add it as a requirement for certain quests to be able to spawn. (Maybe make some "fake" bounties that the bad guys have put up to lure you into a trap after a certain amount of bounties have been completed. Could make for a decent storyline potentially.)

Well, me I personally am looking for an immersive experience, which is what the intention behind my idea is. I'd like the bounties to be potentially infinite, provide consistent challenges and worthwhile rewards lasting for a long time before it dries up, and to be integrated in such a way as to make it feel like just another one of the game mechanics like how Star Wars Bounty Hunter bounty hunting works. I also want something with some rhyme and reason behind it beyond "X is wanted for some reason, go kill X, come back, get paltry reward."

Edited by immortalfrieza

fully agree with you, and wished my settlements would have bounty boards that could keep adding new things to it while some old help posters go bad or taken down while some jobs i find be cool if they sent you someplace but u pissed off some wrong person or group off you now could have death squads trying to kill you..

fully agree with you, and wished my settlements would have bounty boards that could keep adding new things to it while some old help posters go bad or taken down while some jobs i find be cool if they sent you someplace but u pissed off some wrong person or group off you now could have death squads trying to kill you..

I agree too!

I Like The Idea of more bounty boards!!!