Making Races Playable

DerpyDinosaur

Maybe someone here can help me with this. For example, I was just messing around and decided to make one of the races playable. So I went into game and used "showracemenu" to change the race, I got to the race I made playable and everything just shut down, wouldn't even show the race.

Any ideas? Help is appreciated!

I'm not sure why the game crashes there, I assume because it's trying to load up all kinds of human-specific stuff, like face customization, and finds no target for it.

If you want to try out the race, use the console command "player.setrace <racename>"

You won't be able to do much more than move around though, unfortunately. Attacks don't work. Items don't work.

Maybe someone here can help me with this. For example, I was just messing around and decided to make one of the races playable. So I went into game and used "showracemenu" to change the race, I got to the race I made playable and everything just shut down, wouldn't even show the race.

I've tried with Skeletons, Trolls, dragons, you name it. I can kind of guess that the Dragon race wouldn't work. But I saw a mod earlier that made one of the Creatures of Skyrim a playable race, so wanted to see if I could do it.

A race will most commonly crash in the menu if it is missing mesh links or the mesh is broken.

Missing or broken mesh links would include a race that only has one sex worth of meshes, the race menu tries to load both sexes. If it is the case you could try duplicating the mesh links for both sexes.

I've tried with Skeletons, Trolls, dragons, you name it. I can kind of guess that the Dragon race wouldn't work. But I saw a mod earlier that made one of the Creatures of Skyrim a playable race, so wanted to see if I could do it.

Ok, thanks. Will give it a go!