ME:A Explorer bug when loading MassEffectAndromeda.exe

Drizzard

Things I have done:

1. Re-Downloaded the file, unblocked zip, ran as administrator.

2. Repaired the game from start, it boots and plays just fine.

Whenever I start the MEAExplorerWV.exe to mod my game I get an inexplicable error:

https://gyazo.com/9a1b8c0f51cc15d277c5fa162e54d808

This error occurs after I select my MassEffectAndromeda.exe (which is fully repaired and validated in origin).

The log shows the following text:

13:40:04 : Loading GUIDs... 13:40:34 : ERROR: An item with the same key has already been added.

13:40:34 : Stacktrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at MEAExplorerWV.FS.LoadGUIDs(String path) at MEAExplorerWV.Form1.LoadFS(Boolean showDialog)

Any idea what the problem is?

Deleting and redownloading the app doesnt work and deleting and redownloading ME:A doesnt either, I tried.

Things I have done:

1. Re-Downloaded the file, unblocked zip, ran as administrator.

2. Repaired the game from start, it boots and plays just fine.

Whenever I start the MEAExplorerWV.exe to mod my game I get an inexplicable error:

https://gyazo.com/9a1b8c0f51cc15d277c5fa162e54d808

This error occurs after I select my MassEffectAndromeda.exe (which is fully repaired and validated in origin).

The log shows the following text:

13:40:04 : Loading GUIDs... 13:40:34 : ERROR: An item with the same key has already been added.

13:40:34 : Stacktrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at MEAExplorerWV.FS.LoadGUIDs(String path) at MEAExplorerWV.Form1.LoadFS(Boolean showDialog)

Any idea what the problem is?

Deleting and redownloading the app doesnt work and deleting and redownloading ME:A doesnt either, I tried.

Not sure if it is relevant, but before you unpack the downloaded zip, have you made sure that you remove the security blocking of the files? if you don't then antivirus programs will sometimes remove files from the folders if it views them as threats and this will prevent the program from running correctly.

You remove the security block by right clicking the zip file and selecting "Properties" then at the bottom of the new window tick the little box, select "Apply" and then "Ok" (not sure those are the right terms, my PC is set up in a different language, but you will know it when you see it), now try unpacking the files and run the program again :smile:

Edited by DeltaType90