Import a user created kit - Is it possible?

OtisSpunks

I've been familiarizing myself with the Creation Kit Wiki and began posing myself questions; as me being a modeler and perspective level designer. I see the ability and understand the concept of adding new armors and weapons even other items to the game and allowing them their own IDs and File structure without having to replace vanilla items, this was done through some decently straight forward usage of the CK as their were menus dedicated to doing such tasks. This of course got me wondering and at the same time doubting, Is it possible to add your own user created Architecture into the main Skyrim source file and even create your own new kit (the model packs for level design)? If you are aware of such a process would you mind pointing me to some material that might better help me understand this method or perhaps share your own knowledge.

Thanks,

Otis Spunks :wink:

Otis, it sounds like you're looking to create something in Skyrim similar to what Speedy does in FNV.

Speedy packaged the whole lot within an ESM file, which modders and users could download from your page. The ESM becomes a dependency for the mod (in the same way the DLC's do). Speedy also allows the assets to be used in other people's packages as Expired6978 suggests, but that is your choice whether you allow that.

The guidelines for architecture creation (sizes etc.) probably haven't changed much from FNV to Skyrim. So if you can use the CK to create a bunch of new STATIC architecture pieces in an ESP and BSA file, then from there it's just a case of using a user-created util (I think TESVsnip will do it) to convert the ESP to an ESM.

Otis, please update this post should you figure this all out. I need to do this same thing, and haven't got it figured out yet. I've started building assets in 3D Studio Max, sticking to a interlocking cube system like what is used in Skyrim. I figure as long as I'm exactly xyz generic 3DS units, I should be able to make everything work later by resizing it to fit Skyrim's units.

The ability to make new level kits is essential to my mod, so I sure as heck hope it can be done without a horrendous hassle.

Otis, please update this post should you figure this all out. I need to do this same thing, and haven't got it figured out yet. I've started building assets in 3D Studio Max, sticking to a interlocking cube system like what is used in Skyrim. I figure as long as I'm exactly xyz generic 3DS units, I should be able to make everything work later by resizing it to fit Skyrim's units.

The ability to make new level kits is essential to my mod, so I sure as heck hope it can be done without a horrendous hassle.

I will do just that as my mod ventures also rely on custom built architecture level kits.

Ill be sure to keep you all posted on any progress I have.