Properly adding custom music for events?

SchwarzwindSin

Would anyone happen to know how to safely add custom music for distinct events in Skyrim? Preferably, without having to use one of those bashed/smashed patches. I'd love to use a mod called Personalized Music, but I'm not 100% sure if it would conflict with 2 other mods (Musical Lore and Moonlight Tales) that already add their own music. I'd like to add a couple of songs for dragon encounters and a few for when I'm in Werewolf form, but would prefer to keep the songs from ML and MT, if possible. There's currently 4 folders already added by ML and MT in the music section - combat, dungeon, Moonlight Tales, and town. Each folder contains one or a few themes from ML and MT. These folders are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Music. I use NMM, LOOT, and SKSE.

Also, Personalized Music states that one should: "Rename the track EXACTLY as the text file in the relevant subfolder instructs you, numbered from 01 to the maximum number allowed in that folder." Just to make sure, how would I properly name a theme that has its own folder within the combat folder? And where can I assign more werewolf themes? (there doesn't seem to be a folder for Werewolf in PM)

Would it be better and/or easier to manually add music instead? If so, how would I go about it?

Please bear with me, I'm still a noob when it comes to modding and I never was really techno-savvy. x_x

One way of doing it is through a quest set stage. I do this to play "music" when reading a letter, but of course it's not music but someone reading what they wrote.

You not only read the letter but hear the author of the letters voice speaking the correspondence out loud. it will work for music too.

(there's probably a better easier way of doing it, but I am a noob too :wink:

So say if you enter a trigger to a location for an encounter, (regular setstage on enter player only) it sets the stage in your owning quest, to play a stage on the "music" quest.

The music/audio quest is set up to allow repeated stages, doesn't have a title and is not active on start and you set up stages to play different music tracks.

(I am guessing you know about music types/tracks and how to add them as a property)

so basically your stages look like this:

0 track01.add

5 track02.add

10 track03.add

etc etc.

You enter the trigger at the location,

The trigger sets the stage in the owning quest

The owning quests papyrus fires the "music" quest to play a stage

The music quest plays the music

One way of doing it is through a quest set stage. I do this to play "music" when reading a letter, but of course it's not music but someone reading what they wrote.

You not only read the letter but hear the author of the letters voice speaking the correspondence out loud. it will work for music too.

(there's probably a better easier way of doing it, but I am a noob too :wink:

So say if you enter a trigger to a location for an encounter, (regular setstage on enter player only) it sets the stage in your owning quest, to play a stage on the "music" quest.

The music/audio quest is set up to allow repeated stages, doesn't have a title and is not active on start and you set up stages to play different music tracks.

(I am guessing you know about music types/tracks and how to add them as a property)

so basically your stages look like this:

0 track01.add

5 track02.add

10 track03.add

etc etc.

You enter the trigger at the location,

The trigger sets the stage in the owning quest

The owning quests papyrus fires the "music" quest to play a stage

The music quest plays the music

Thank you for the reply. =) IMO, that sounds like.... a more complicated procedure for adding custom music. x_x