Help! Script functions for mod creator but not for others

KarthGalin

My mod Spells Scale with Skill now has a one-time quest that theoretically adds the related perk after loading a save game.

For me, this works just fine. Other users have reported problems with the mod. One person tested it and the perk is still functional if added via the console but was not added properly by the quest. I'm not certain how to fix this or what I've done wrong as I cannot replicate the problem on my own machine. Load order doesn't seem to cause problems or change anything for me.

Does anyone have an idea about what I may have done wrong?

Did you package and upload your scripts with the .esp? Skyrim is different than Oblivion. The scripts do not reside within the .esp, but are separate files like the more familiar meshes, textures, and sounds.

Did you package and upload your scripts with the .esp? Skyrim is different than Oblivion. The scripts do not reside within the .esp, but are separate files like the more familiar meshes, textures, and sounds.

I always spend hours poking into things when the problem is not at all related to what I'm looking at...

Thanks both of you! If somehow packaging the script doesn't work, I'll be back to demonstrate my ignorance once more.