Custom Interior cell

matc83

I have been toying with the GECK, trying to make an interior cell, even a really simple one, and am having no luck, ive read tutorials, and experimented with it, but still, i cant figure it out, i don't need it connected to a particular other cell, that i can do, what i want is a 2 story interior like to an office building, with 2 completely empty floors, except for stairs to the 2nd floor and a door anyone who'd help me here?

Well the interiors are built with static objects. An interior cell is just a big void of nothing until you add stuff. The office kit pieces are under World Objects->Static->Dungeons->Office. You just drag them from the list into the render window (you can right click in the list to get a preview of what the objects look like).

The GECK wiki has a good tutorial on how to build a cell.

However, if you're just looking for a quick way, find a cell that has what you want, duplicate the cell by right clicking the cell name in the Cell Window, hit duplicate, then load the duplicate cell (this is important, as you stay in the original cell until you load a new one). Then you can remove everything but the walls and stairs you want.

how far have you been able to get?

can you duplicate an existing cell but can't get the pieces in place, or is it the duplication itself that's causing problems?

what sort of difficulties do you run into?

I think there are warehouse cells in the game that act as stores of commonly used parts of other cells, like ready made traps for example, or ready made office floors. not sure of the exact names though.

If you're having trouble getting the parts to line up properly, you might need to check your grid snap, 32 is ok, 64 might be easier if all the parts support it, but it should be a binary style number to snap cleanly, so 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,

Without knowing exactly what problems you're getting though, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

i can duplicate the cell, and i know how to put the items from the world object list in but when i get past there, i run into problems, editing in the render window, i get huge issues with this, it doesnt allow me to move the individual pieces ive put into it, im not sure if this is an error with my geck install, or if im just terribly inexperienced with the geck