Multiple Quests Help

You can make new stage on your quest, tick "run on stop" and have this in it's fragment(first you need to click properties and make new quest property and select your next quest):

MyQuestProperty.Start()

or

MyQuestProperty.SetStage(xx) ; xx is number of the stage you want to set in your next quest, for example 10

or select "Complete quest" in stage that completes the quest and select next quest in "Next quest". (I have not tried this method, but I don't see why it wouldn't work).

Also note, even if you tick "Complete Quest", it won't actually stop running until you call "Stop()", in fragment or script. If you don't do "Stop()", "run on stop" won't run either.

Yeah, I figured out how to do it.

Pretty difficult to find out but people also got mixed up here explaining this.

In your Quest Stages Papyrus Fragment Properties -> You have to add a quest object with a reference to the quest you want to move to.

With that reference you can then type the following in the Fragment:

QuestName.Start()

QuestName.SetStage(10)

I wasn't trying to start a quest from scratch. I was trying to chain one quest finishing to another quest immediately starting.

Edited by MuttonChopDavo

"I wasn't trying to start a quest from scratch. I was trying to chain one quest finishing to another quest immediately starting."

Not sure what you mean by this. You don't "move" from quest to quest. You can open 1000 quests at once if you want and do them all, at the same time. That's what the game is doing anyway, you have hunders of quests open all time.

If you want to "chain" quests to start and another stop, then run Stop() on quest1 and Start()(or SetStage()) on quest2.

If you use SetStage(), you don't have to use Start(), setstage will start the quest anyway.

"Pretty difficult to find out but people also got mixed up here explaining this."

Not sure what you mean by this either. I'm the only one replying to this thread and your example does exactly what I wrote you to do. I just told you to use Start or SetStage, not both.

Anyway, good thing you got it working. Creation kit wiki has some good examples and some "ok" tutorials to get started.

Edit: I just realised my post sounds a bit rude, but I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to help.

Edited by vkz89q