FrostyToolSuite released

Kregano

Here's an MEA mod tool that has a way better UI than MEA Explorer:

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToolSuite/releases

A quick tutorial:

Frosty Editor: Next-generation modding tool (Preview)

I've used not less than five minutes ago, and you can find just about anything, although it requires a lot of patience and exploration, if you don't know where it'd be already.

A quick tutorial:

I've used not less than five minutes ago, and you can find just about anything, although it requires a lot of patience and exploration, if you don't know where it'd be already.

Sadly it is yet another tool that won't cooperate with me, been dying to get started with working on textures because it seems no one have looked at editing any of the things I want to fix, but all it does is crash on me whenever I try to make it open a texture :P

A quick tutorial:

Sadly it is yet another tool that won't cooperate with me, been dying to get started with working on textures because it seems no one have looked at editing any of the things I want to fix, but all it does is crash on me whenever I try to make it open a texture :tongue:

I've had better luck with textures, at least so far. Managed to extract the reticle texture, although I have no idea how its used to generate the reticles we see in game.

A quick tutorial:

Sadly it is yet another tool that won't cooperate with me, been dying to get started with working on textures because it seems no one have looked at editing any of the things I want to fix, but all it does is crash on me whenever I try to make it open a texture :tongue:

I've had better luck with textures, at least so far. Managed to extract the reticle texture, although I have no idea how its used to generate the reticles we see in game.

If I recall correctly the texture is a cluster of elements that are arranged to form the crosshair in-game, sadly, makes it close to impossible to edit, I had planned to make some changes to it so it would be easier to make long distance shots with SRs by adding elevation markers :happy:

There is however a chance that it can be done by adding them directly to the scope lens texture, but haven't located it yet and well then there is ofc also the matter of the program crashing everytime I try open it in the tool :laugh:

Didn't have much luck with WV's tool either when it came to the textures, I was able to both preview and extract them with that tool, but the .DDS formatting was not compatible with any of my texture editors I have lolz :tongue:

There is however a chance that it can be done by adding them directly to the scope lens texture, but haven't located it yet and well then there is ofc also the matter of the program crashing everytime I try open it in the tool :laugh:

There are two or more textures for each sniper scope, and I'm not certain how they layer, but I can get them for you later.

There are two or more textures for each sniper scope, and I'm not certain how they layer, but I can get them for you later.

Kind of you, but no need, it will require a lot of testing so I will have to wait until I can import / export myself :thumbsup:

Btw, have anyone managed to locate the DLC weapons in the Frosty tool? :unsure:

Would be awesome to turn the DLC SR into an AR :tongue:, but I can't find it in the branch where it normally is :huh:

Nvm, found it :happy:

Edited by DeltaType90