How to change offset of exterior LOD worldspace for interior cell?

So, I'm trying to get a view out of the windows for the interior cell that came with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15228/?

Initial results have placed the ship here: http://imgur.com/a/iNiVu

How can I change the position of the exterior LOD to not have the ship be buried in the ground?

Note: The Exterior LOD Worldspace offset settings seem to have to no effect, as the ship is in the same place no matter where I set the values.

I've only tinkered with this to figure out how it works. It's an exercise in patience in working it out. Never did get to the point to actually work it into a mod, so take this with a grain of chainsaw:

If you use your Google-Fu, you'll find there are several threads on the old Bethesda forums about doing this. THIS is one I found useful in figuring out how to make the exterior LOD display where I wanted for an interior cell. There are several other threads as well, each having one bit of information that the others don't so it helps to read through them all.

The default LOD worldspace coordinates put you at the center of the Commonwealth. You need to figure out the XYZ coords for the area you want and enter them into the Offset fields of the Interior Data tab and clicking Apply. Then if you reload the cell by pressing the F5 key, the LOD should update in the render window with the new coordinates. If your cell is supposed to be at or near ground level, the generated LOD will force its way into your interior cell. You need to create an LODClipVolume around your cell to prevent that. But being this is an airship, I don't think you'll need to worry about that.

I suggest looking at how the Prydwen command deck cell is set up. That has the Financial District LOD visible through the windows. You can use the Offset coordinates there as a reference point. But definitely look through the posts in my first link...they contain the best info I've been able to find on this subject, albeit you need to piece it together yourself.

• 2 months later...

In the interest of helping anyone who finds this thread like I did, it turns out that if you move the object too far from 0,0,0 by clicking and dragging it through the LOD world, you get an error where everything you placed in the cell collapses down with their origin on a single point and everything squishes on top of one another. To fix that, you have to change the offset in the cell window under the Interior Data tab, and then make smaller adjustments by clicking and dragging. I ended up having to set my offset to -62000, 62000, -500 or something crazy that. Also, the way I figured that out is by going to the place in the Commonwealth that I wanted the LOD to display, looking at the very bottom of the main CK window and looking at the 'Game Cam' coordinates, using those for the offset values, and then fiddling around with + and - because the offset coordinates are reversed. (Remember to hit F5 to refresh the render window to show changes, and have landscape LOD turned on from the LOD tab in preferences.) Hope this helps someone!

In the interest of helping anyone who finds this thread like I did, it turns out that if you move the object too far from 0,0,0 by clicking and dragging it through the LOD world, you get an error where everything you placed in the cell collapses down with their origin on a single point and everything squishes on top of one another. To fix that, you have to change the offset in the cell window under the Interior Data tab, and then make smaller adjustments by clicking and dragging. I ended up having to set my offset to -62000, 62000, -500 or something crazy that. Also, the way I figured that out is by going to the place in the Commonwealth that I wanted the LOD to display, looking at the very bottom of the main CK window and looking at the 'Game Cam' coordinates, using those for the offset values, and then fiddling around with + and - because the offset coordinates are reversed. (Remember to hit F5 to refresh the render window to show changes, and have landscape LOD turned on from the LOD tab in preferences.) Hope this helps someone!

I used the method spacetimebender describes here (thank you :) and it works for me, to a certain extent though I am using it for a house mod and am having issues with the door not sticking with the rest of the assets. It appears to in CK but when in game the door is separated from the build. Not a major issue while testing but will need to get that sorted.

Anyone know how to control the Exterior Worldspace weather so it is constant? I looked through all the tabs in the Cell Lighting "Show Sky" but they all have a variable weather pattern. Ideally I want it to be constant dusk and raining for my Player Home but I'm using the Commonwealth LOD Worldspace and the closest I can get is FXWeatherMarsh but it doesn't rain using this. Would love to have the Glowing Sea as an option but it's not there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. It's my first attempt at modding anything so I think I've bitten off more than I can chew haha.

Others might have a better suggestion but you can try making a new Region with the weather conditions you want and assigning that new Region to your cell in the lighting settings.

If you are using the Show Sky option you might want to stay away from using the Use Sky Lighting option...I think that's what it's called. That seems to make weather for your interior cell treat the cell as if it was an exterior cell meaning it could potentially show the wet effects of rain inside your house. At least that's my recollection from tinkering with this a while back. Others might have different experiences or info.

@spacetimebender: nice find on the camera coordinates!

You can try making a new Region with the weather conditions you want and assigning that new Region to your cell in the lighting settings.

That's a good idea. I'll try that and let you know. As for the Show Sky Lighting. I tried turning it off and it acted the same as having it on except for the depth of field. Buildings were now blurry and foreground sharp.

Internal weather isn't much of a problem on either setting. A few drips come in here and there but I think I can fix that with better construction of my interlocking wall floor and celling pieces. Fog is an issue but for the dwelling I'm creating it kind of adds to the atmosphere.

Let me report back on the new weather type method. Thanks very much for replying.

Stay tuned.