Unable to run game with Frosty...

DeltaType90

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some have the problem that with mods applied the game won't launch, but without mods applied, the manager launches the game. I found out, that i had my Star Wars Battlefront game.exe starting in compatibility mode for another windows. I run windows 10. I switched off the compatibility mode by rightclick on the exe file, compatibility, deselect, apply. Voila, mod manager launches the game, with ALL MODS WORKING :-q.

Edited by DjTinnio

I'm using FMM 1.0.4 and when i lunch the game i always get this error with or with out the mods.

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\\moddata\patch\win32/streaminginstall/multiplayerinstallpackage/en/cas.cat'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.‍‌‏‮‮‬‭​‪‬​‮‎‪‏‍‏‭​‏‌‫‫‮‏‪‫‫‮.‏‬‎‍‌​‬‏‬‬‎‍‫‭‏‪​‎​‮‫‌‬‏‫‭‮()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.HKJ\*6@wc\]@%1Y3\\aUCr! MXH%.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__12.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Is there anyone that knows how to fix this ?

• 1 month later...

I was having this problem with Dragon Age Inq. When I tried to launch from Frosty, the game loaded as a background process (check task manager to see if the game is loaded as background process by hitting alt-ctrl-del at the same time).

Removing the ModData folder, in the game directory fixed it. I moved the folder, then started Frosty. I do not remember if I hit the launch before or after Frosty recreated the folder.

I found this solution on a different site. Just thought I would post, because it fixed this problem for me.

• 4 months later...

I'm using FMM 1.0.4 and when i lunch the game i always get this error with or with out the mods.

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\\moddata\patch\win32/streaminginstall/multiplayerinstallpackage/en/cas.cat'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.‍‌‏‮‮‬‭​‪‬​‮‎‪‏‍‏‭​‏‌‫‫‮‏‪‫‫‮.‏‬‎‍‌​‬‏‬‬‎‍‫‭‏‪​‎​‮‫‌‬‏‫‭‮()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.HKJ\*6@wc\]@%1Y3\\aUCr! MXH%.MoveNext()
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__12.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Is there anyone that knows how to fix this ?

try deleting ModData folder inside Andromeda directory and let frosty creat a new one. or try using different version of frosty

• 2 weeks later...

@klair716;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect Andromeda\ModData". DELETE. Done.

I don't usually excoriate the n00bs, but this is absolutely basic PC stuff. Not hard to find, if you know anything about your own rig.

(And If you don't, you shouldn't be trying to use mods. Stick to the official install, patches, and DLC.)

• 1 month later...

THE SOLUTION (for me, at least)

---------------------------------------------------------------

to ambsibling.sb, cas.cat errors:

Cause found: FMM f*#@s up file and directory attributes (probably not setting these at all).

Explanation: By default, the game folder (Mass Effect Andromeda in my case) is attributed Read-Only, as it should be. When FMM changes mods, it re-creates it's directories with parent Read flags. Then it tries to write-access files it created with read-only flags, which is denied to obvious reasons.

Simplest solution: change the game folder (Mass Effect Andromeda in my case) to not not have read-only flag. The problem will be gone (probably) until you switch mod profiles.

• 1 year later...