Custom hair mesh/egm problem

SariDecember

Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a custom hair mesh for my male character from scratch. Everything worked out fine so far and I got it working in game. However I ran into an issue I require some help with.

I fit the mesh in blender to the default male head mesh and since it's a short hairstyle it sits pretty tight to the headmesh in some places. My characters head is more narrow and the hairstyle doesn't "shrink" with the head and keeps it's initial shape I created in blender. (looks like a helmet :P )

Question 1: Did I get it right that the egm files that come with the vanilla hairstyles make the hairmesh grow and shrink with the headmorphs!?

In that case I clearly need an egm file for my custom hairmesh, but when trying to use the "Conformulator" from TESNexus I get an error when I try to conformulate the custom hairmesh to the headhuman mesh!

Question 2: anyone got a fix for that or knows where the problem is!?

aaand

Question 3: could I also just use any egm file from a vanilla hairstyle!? (Sorry for not just trying it but I'm currently not at my pc, and really want to get it done tonight)

Thanks in advance to anyone who's able to help!

Greeetz *Sari-D