Drinking Buddy quest fix

Nukacolared

One thing that has always irritated me was how Bethesda didn't bother fixing one simple thing (this can actually be said about most of Fallout 4); the Drinking Buddy quest where after you tell him to go to a settlement, he will simply not go there and then the quest is broken. The only in-game way around this is by selling him to that guy in goodneighbor. Whats the point of doing all of that hard work only to find out that in order to have an Ice-cold Nuka Cola, you have to go and visit goodneighbor instead of keeping that one of a kind robot at sanctuary or some other settlement. Please if anyone is as annoyed as me with this and doesn't mind fixing this; please do. Thank you.

Edited by Nukacolared

There is a bug that will cause Buddy to think he's not at his new home. The first time I kept Buddy I had that bug happening, but I fixed it with "setstage 1761c7 120". The other times that I've kept Buddy for myself he has worked as he should.

Well at least with the quest not complete I will always know where he is. After I thought I fixed it with that command, a little while later he disappeared entirely from sanctuary. I even used the bell to call everyone and then went into my tallest building and could not find him. the settler counter also had 14 rather than the 15 after he arrived. So I have decided to not finish it. But it would be nice if it was fixed. I believe it was a piece of scripting that either wasn't implemented for the optional part or wasn't put in correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well at least with the quest not complete I will always know where he is. After I thought I fixed it with that command, a little while later he disappeared entirely from sanctuary. I even used the bell to call everyone and then went into my tallest building and could not find him. the settler counter also had 14 rather than the 15 after he arrived. So I have decided to not finish it. But it would be nice if it was fixed. I believe it was a piece of scripting that either wasn't implemented for the optional part or wasn't put in correctly.

When you send Drinking Buddy to a settlement, stay with him, I mean actually walk with him until he arrives at the destination. Drinking Buddy being a robot will, if left alone get sidetracked and attack enemies on the way, usually breaking the command to go somewhere, I'm not sure but it's possible he might get killed if left alone. I found the "stay with" solution over a year ago on my first play through.