Argh, "Collect Bounty from Skall" Stuck in Journal

BaconCat

All 3 times I have been through Skyrim, this entry has remained in my journal (I'm assuming Jarl Skald from Dawnstar - not Skall). Try typing resetquest BQ03 in the console as that may clear it, it did once for me, but didn't this last time around.

• 1 month later...

I have decided not to get a Job that involves Skald, thus im going to Join the Imperials that will have him Removed in the end, then Hopefully with the New Jarl, i can ask for Jobs and her Collect Bounty Text shouldent be stuck in my Log. ;)

Really...there will be a new Dawnstar Jarl........?I have that annoying bug too...its my 2nd collect bounty from Skald.....

This is a well-documented bug -- one of many that Bethesda left in the game, probably because of their marketing department's insistence upon a dramatic release date. I have it from a source I trust that this particular bug was even reported to them, so they've known about it even from when the game was in beta and have never bothered fixing it. The Unofficial Skyrim Patch does, I believe, resolve this issue, but I don't think that installing it will remove a bugged entry from your journal. It will just prevent it from getting there in the first place. In fact, I don't there's any way at all to remove it with any certainty. I've tried every "fix" I could find, and none of them worked.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you have handed in the quest to Skald and have the entry "Collect bounty from Skald" still visible. "seifer69er" has released his "Bounty Quest Fix v1.1.esp" mod file that will remove the log entry from your journal.

here you go :D

The Best