Modding Question

windwalker71

Ok this may be a noob modder question but....In the CK, is there a way to change/adjust the size of an item you just created? I'm not talking about placing it and changing it's size. LIke say the size of gold bars. Say i want to have the normal 'Good Standard' size bar and a smaller half sized bar how would i go about doing that? I know how to duplicate and make new items i just can't figure out how to adjust the permanent size.

Ok this may be a noob modder question but....In the CK, is there a way to change/adjust the size of an item you just created? I'm not talking about placing it and changing it's size. LIke say the size of gold bars. Say i want to have the normal 'Good Standard' size bar and a smaller half sized bar how would i go about doing that? I know how to duplicate and make new items i just can't figure out how to adjust the permanent size.

I know what you are driving at. While you can create new items via duplication, and alter various aspects of new items, there's no way (as far as I can see) of creating a permanent setting for size. I think the only way around this is to create a new 3D model, so that would mean creating a new NIF object. Best thing to do in this case is familiarise yourself with NIFSkope and/or a 3D modelling programme (lots of tutorials available) and create a new object through one of the most simple procedures: resizing. The only other way around this would be within your means - create a new item, alter the size with 'S' key, then control+D that same item as the permanent standard.

NifSkope can easily change the scale of a mesh. Unfortunately, it cannot change the scale of the collision mesh. That has to be done in Blender. So the scale of the mesh can be changed with just Nifskope, but a havoked item could sink into the ground or levitate, or a static piece could be walked into partway, or would have an invisible barrier out around it.

Well i got NifSkope and was finally able to get a nif loaded but i got this error

""invalid array size for array" "Extra Data List""

""array Extra Data List invalid""

""device position incorrect after block number 8 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x1b1c ended at 0x1b24 (expected 0x1b84)""

I found where to alter the scale and saved it as a new mesh but when i tried to use the mesh in the CK, the CK locked up. Any ideas?

Update**

Ok I finally got Nifskope to work, but i have another problem.

I am working on retexturing a bow. I want to keep the vanilla bow but use a different texture on the same mesh. I copied the mesh and renamed it to say steelbow2. Opened up Nifskope and loaded steelbow2. Now it still had the vanilla textures so i went in and changed the texture resources to call for steelbow2.dds and steelbow2-n.dds. I left the steelbow_m.dds alone. Saved it as steelbow2, overwriting the file. Went to the CK and created a new bow and pulled up the mesh with the new texture with no issues. Created a first person model object using steelbow2. I placed the new bow on the ground inside Helgen Keep, Saved and then loaded the game and here's happened.

The new bow was sitting right where i placed it. I picked it up. Checked the inventory view and everything was fine. The image was a little larger than the regular bow but i didn't think too much about it. I equiped the bow shot a few arrows and then dropped the bow. And here's where the problem is. The bow vanished. So i start looking around for it and i find a spot on the ground that says pick up steelbow2 but there is nothing there. I click to pick up the bow and hear the pick up sound but there is no bow in my inventory. Soooo. I know i must have done something wrong but have not been able to figure it out through trial and error. If someone could help me out here i would appreciate it. It doesn't take saying that i'm a total noob to this part of modding, that much is painfully obvious.

**UPDATE**

Ok i finally got NifSkope working but i have run into another problem and would like some help.

I wanted to import a new texture for the Hunting Bow, but i also want to keep the origional texture. SO I copied and renamed the origional steelbow mesh to say steelbow2. I opened Nifskope and loaded the mesh and changed the texture to call for steelbow2.dds and steelbow2_n.dds (the two textures for the new bow). I left steelbow_m.dds alone. Everything looked ok in Nifskope so i saved it as steelbow2 and moved on to the CK. I created a new bow and had no problems or issues when i pulled up the new model. I created a 1st person model object using the mesh i had retextured (steelbow2). I placed the bow on the ground inside Helgen Keep. Saved and loaded the game.

The bow was right where i placed it. I picked it up.Equiped it and fired a few arrows with it. But here is where the problem starts. I dropped the bow from my inventory and it disappeared. Looking around for it i find a spot that says pick up steelbow2. So i pick it up. I hear the pick up sound but there is no bow in my inventory. I know i must have done something wrong, i just don't know what. If someone would please point out my error so i can fix it i would appreciate it.