Where are the meshes?

MrICEE

I'm really new to skyrim modding. Hours new, in fact. I've been fooling around with the creation kit, and had some amusing results. What I'm attempting to do now though requires the location of the .nif mesh files. I need to set a new projectile I'm making to reference an existing model file, so I need to know the directory at which those files are stored. Where can I find these? To be specific, I am looking for the goat cheese wheel (Because I'm making a spell that launches cheese projectiles). Thank you

Thats very interesting and I'll definitely try it out. However I'm pretty sure I should be able to just reference the model as is if only I knew the remainder of the directory. I only know the end of it, which is in clutter/food. The rest of the directory is hidden by the creation kit, and not accessible when I click "edit"

My belief was that because the mesh is already present within the game files I would be able to reference it in the projectile queue. However, when I click Edit to modify an existing projectile's referenced model, it takes me to my documents. Because of this I'm not really sure how to navigate to the meshes folder. Sorry if I'm not being terribly clear in my requests, I've got a headcold and my thoughts are somewhat discombobulated. Thanks for your help both of you.

My belief was that because the mesh is already present within the game files I would be able to reference it in the projectile queue. However, when I click Edit to modify an existing projectile's referenced model, it takes me to my documents. Because of this I'm not really sure how to navigate to the meshes folder. Sorry if I'm not being terribly clear in my requests, I've got a headcold and my thoughts are somewhat discombobulated. Thanks for your help both of you.

bethesda's tools are hardheaded - you need to actually browse to the model in your data folder. Simply extract the file from your bsa and put it at meshes\clutter\food\ in your data folder. Then, when you click edit, browse to that file and select it. After that you can just delete the file - the game will pull the nif from the meshes.bsa after that. Good luck!