Switching back to vanilla

Aarkon

ok so after having tried 10k mods and all my game has become rather unstable so i want to revert back to vanilla and just install some of my fav mods

what my question is do i delete ALL in my data folder or do i keep the standard skyrim.esm ect or will it remake thoes if i verify file intergity with steam ?

The Skyrim bsa files aren't small, so maybe keep them if you don't want Steam to re-download them. Else did you do a local backup of install files? Anyway, someone else would know better than me if those files are changed in any way while modding or game use. However, I did want to remind you to delete your settings and preferences and maybe even your saves, all located in your user folder under my games under my documents.

Did you install with workshop or nmm or do it by hand?

also since you said you have tons of conflicts there are ways to fix this and get things working silky smooth, unless you're on the workshop then i'm not sure they work, wouldn't know as i myself never and will never use the workshop.

well after refreshing to vanilla and installing some known stable mods i was still getting crashes so doing some research it may be the steam client causing the problem the CTDs were far too regular to be a mod ( every 45 min or so like clockwork ) so i switched steam to offline mode disabled the auto update and the steam chat in game ( shift tab thing ) did some running around and it seems to have worked

further testing will ensue in 5 .. 4 .. 3... 2...

now thats really annoying aparently it is the steam client after playing for over an hour ( at wich point i would normaly crash) the game was running fine

atleast now i can add some of the mods i removed back in

Edited by Aarkon

Did you install with workshop or nmm or do it by hand?

also since you said you have tons of conflicts there are ways to fix this and get things working silky smooth, unless you're on the workshop then i'm not sure they work, wouldn't know as i myself never and will never use the workshop.

yeah i dont use the workshop for mods thats far too easy for it to mess up or have a bad upload from some noob ect

i primarly use the mod manager from nexus unless its a mod that requires a manual install

im no modding novice ive played and modded morrowind and oblivion and other games aswell ( neverwinter nights 1 & 2 star trek armada 1 & 2 quake .. just to name a few ) so i have a good grasp of what im doing

it just didnt occur to me that steam, being required to run the game, would be the source of the issue