Need help with pipboy lighting "glitch" ?

happyshakra

try using this if it doesn't fix it then who the f*** knows

dude, you're pointing everyone in multiple threads to this video... you're not helping if you just throw whatever worked for you on a very specific issue at anyone experiencing any graphical bug.

anyway.

just for the heads up, I'm beginning to think it's either nvidia related, or merely something that was always and always will be in the vanilla game.

that looks like it could be caused by the "lens" of the pipboy.

if you are using a pipboy light mod, uninstall that and try one of the clear pipboy lights from this mod to see if still has the strange shadow (you might want to turn off dynamic shadows in the mod for better performance)

If you really want to get rid of it, reinstall the Pip-Boy flashlight mod without dynamic shadows. Then the light from the torches can't cast shadows at all

dude, you're pointing everyone in multiple threads to this video... you're not helping if you just throw whatever worked for you on a very specific issue at anyone experiencing any graphical bug.

anyway.

just for the heads up, I'm beginning to think it's either nvidia related, or merely something that was always and always will be in the vanilla game.

yet i am only commenting on posts that had the same or similar problem that cleanmem fixed

good job at your bias thinking

if you don't like cleanmem then don't use it

i didn't post it on unrelated things opposite to what it fixes

Edited by skannerz22

anyway.

yet i am only commenting on posts that had the same or similar problem that cleanmem fixed

good job at your bias thinking

if you don't like cleanmem then don't use it

i didn't post it on unrelated things opposite to what it fixes

I didn't really liked your "who the f*** knows", thats all. this kind of comment doesn't encourage polite replies.

so yeah, bias thinking.

• 2 months later...

Going against my religion and reviving this.

I've just started playing the game again, well by playing I mean actually playing and not testing my mod. So this issue still persists without the dynamic shadows option. It also seem to occur at a radius around the same of which you would normally see that circle around the player during fog. I'm wondering if these are somehow linked.

Anyway, revived in case someone who knows the answer spots this thread. Gonna dig for some ini settings.

Going against my religion and reviving this.

I've just started playing the game again, well by playing I mean actually playing and not testing my mod. So this issue still persists without the dynamic shadows option. It also seem to occur at a radius around the same of which you would normally see that circle around the player during fog. I'm wondering if these are somehow linked.

Anyway, revived in case someone who knows the answer spots this thread. Gonna dig for some ini settings.

Oh! I hate that circle! It always breaks the atmosphere... i've seen those shadows too, but i'm also clueless about them. I tried many ini tweaks with shadows, non helped so far. Shadow in general are really bad in this game... Especially the AO shadows...