Requesting help at making a mod

AskEmbla

I´m new at a modding and therefore I request help with making amy first mod. I want it make the player less likely to be killed in combat but instead imprisoned by the faction the enemy represents.

As an example;

1. The player has a fight with a member of the Thalmor and when health drops low a trigger activates that imprison the player. The player is then brought to the Thalmor Embassy prison cells chained to the wall.

2. The player has a fight with a town guard and when health drops low the player is imprisoned and brought to the nearest town prison and like above is either chained to the wall, put in a cage or hanging from the ceiling.

3. The player has a fight with a Falmer and when health drops low the player is imprisoned and brought to a Dwarwen torture cell, strapped to one of the torture devices.

Escape:

If imprisoned by a authority like the Thalmor, Imperials or a Town you can either wait it out (but not sleep), pay off your bounty, or break out.

If you are imprisoned by a faction (like a guild), outlaws or creatures (Falmer, Orcs) your only chance is to pay a bribe or fight your way out.

In prison you can activate any guard for the option to pay a bounty or a bribe, or you can provoke a guard to make him/her come closer so you can make a attack The Witcher style, strangle or break the neck.

If you have used magic your hands will be cuffed unable you to use magic.

If you have shouted you will be gagged (like Ulfric in the start of the game) making you unable to shout.

Please offer help or make your own mod with these features, but tell me so I can download it.

How much 'help' do you need? Conceptual advice? Starting points for the mod's issues? More in-depth help on specific areas of the mod? Advanced, ultra-specific tutorials? Just making the mod for you? Have you browsed through the Creation Kit Wiki's tutorials? Most of what you want to do is viable, but it would be quite a lot of work (and the new animations would be really a lot of work), and it doesn't seem like such an effort-effective, high-quality addition that it will attract people to work for you.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is really work-intensive and it's important to be specific when asking for help. "Help would be appreciated or just make the mod yourself" isn't an encouraging start. Neither is such a crazy-elaborate first mod.

Edited by LoginToDownload

To start with help to point out how I will make triggers activate when health drops low and then transport the player to a prison. And then I will move on as I learn and make it more advanced. To start with just make a forced arrest by town guards when I´m about to die and then transported to the local prison cell.

Okay. We can divide this into a few specific problems.

-How to run a script on the player.

-How to check the player's health.

-How to move the player to jail (actually, there's a specific scripting function for this).

-How to check the direction in which we should move the player.

Using the Creation Kit Wiki's tutorials, its scripting reference and/or the Creation Kit itself, I'd like you to come as close as possible to doing it yourself. To be blunt, if you need help with everything of this complexity or higher, you're basically going to need help with it all. The important thing here isn't to succeed on your own, but to get an idea of how to go about it and more specific problems you can ask for help with. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but it's not uncommon for people to try projects they're woefully unprepared for.

Edited by LoginToDownload

i'm trying to put a prisoner like in dawnstar sanctuary for my mod too... but everytime i hit my npc, his sitting position is interupted and he get free from the chains.

if you know how to avoid this, i'll be glad you share it with me. :)