How to commence dialogue scene?

A bit on the background of what I'm doing, is I'm making a follower framework replete with voiced dialogue. It's essentially a port of my Skyrim mod Everybody Is A Potential Follower, as well as a correctly-made version of the system in my Raider Communications mod.

Trouble is, I can't for the life of me remember how to get a dialogue scene to run when you "press E to talk".

The system has changed a bunch from Skyrim, where you just needed to make sure the quest conditions are met & the dialogue is present. Now we have to create everything in scenes.

Here's the mod: http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/al2qNojd/file.html

Here's the Quest Data tab:

OghTAb.jpg

Here's the Alias tab, with the selected alias being the one used in the dialogue scene:

lSsZkt.jpg

Here's the Scenes tab:

yDN6gf.jpg

And here's the shared dialogue group, that the scene's start phase is using:

dZjvy8.jpg

In Skyrim, when creating scenes, you'd have to fill the alias to begin with. But how am I supposed to do that without calling a script on every NPC, whenever you activate them? Do we even do that in Fallout 4, just for the dialogue?

Edit: To clarify when the dialogue should occur, I've essentially replaced the 3rd level of the intimidate perk. When aiming at a raider, the option to "Conscript" should appear when you're close to them. If you succeed, they'll be added to the quest's ref collection. You should then be able to talk with them, but the scene doesn't function.

Edited by FiftyTifty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqdT4_uPvEE

Maybe this you tube link will be helpful?

That tutorial fills an alias with a specific actor. That's acceptable for one-trick-ponies that have a unique voice type, and aren't used for any quests, etc. But for generic dialogue? Es no bueno.

What you have to do is create dialogue in the Greeting topic, that checks for a specific voicetype. Then you set the dialogue to start a specific phase in a scene, which fills the alias with the NPC that spoke the generic greeting dialogue.

Done that, doesn't work. Worked for my Raider Communications mod, but not this framework. I've no idea why, either.

Figured it out.

The problem was that the greeting topic generated, when I enabled the "Player Dialogue" scene flag, was not named properly. Deleting it, and creating a new topic with the [Greeting] subtype, without touching it's name, did the trick.

It also turns out that you cannot reference a group of SharedInfo dialogue records. You can only use individual SharedInfo dialogue records, sadly.

Edited by FiftyTifty