Skyrim books mod needs writers

MoonSweets

Btw, MoonSweets, would you mind if I downloaded one of your pieces of art off of your DA account and tried to put it into a book? I won't upload it as a mod, but just see if I can experiment and find a way to add it to the game.

No problem, but if you want you can use this png, it's from one of my books. It's a rather small picture so it should fit in the page. You can alter it at will if you want, if it's needed or so =) Thank you very much for trying to help this much!

On my part I'm going to make screenshots of the books already ingame so everybody can see the available models and choose what they want their book to look like from a clear list.

Btw, MoonSweets, would you mind if I downloaded one of your pieces of art off of your DA account and tried to put it into a book? I won't upload it as a mod, but just see if I can experiment and find a way to add it to the game.

No problem, but if you want you can use this png, it's from one of my books. It's a rather small picture so it should fit in the page. You can alter it at will if you want, if it's needed or so =) Thank you very much for trying to help this much!

On my part I'm going to make screenshots of the books already ingame so everybody can see the available models and choose what they want their book to look like from a clear list.

I managed to add the image to a book. It was fairly small, but the image itself was, so that's not a suprise. I'm not at home and won't be for a while, so it'll be later in the day before I can test this out some more. Hopefully there is a simple way to write the formatting code that scales the images. If not, we'll just have to remember to scale images before adding them to the game. That's not a big deal.

I may come up with a tutorial for adding images to books. If I do, I'll send it to you. That would also be a great thing to post on the dev blog.

Great idea for the screenshots. How about uploading those to the dev blog?

There is now a dev track blog, here! =) I've also copied the guidelines in this post along with a picture of the available book models so you can choose. I didn't added the spell tomes for they imply talent books (and thus some more technical lines about a specific skill). I'll try to make the guidelines even more clearer and some sort of faq about what we may accept or not and why if that's needed. We don't aim to be arbitrary of course.

So if you want to see your books ingame, just take a look over this post and send an rtf file. ...Makes me think I forgot to add a contact page. I'll add this! Check out the e-mail there.

I send you some stuff, if you'll like it I'll come up with more, and different things. I've already got ideas for a typical dull essay, which would respond to one of the books in Skyrim. Something like "A didactic response to blah blah" or whatever.

Howdy, ya'll,

We've picked up the pace on the Extended Books Mod/Skyrim Publishing. We are now actively gathering submissions, adding stuff to the game, and writing tutorials.

Check out our dev blog at www.tesmods.blogspot.com . We've written an introductory post for the mod, and have already posted two tutorials.

Also, feel free to submit your writing by either contacting MoonSweets or by contacting me at [email protected] .

Edited by Woverdude