NCR and SNCR Armor... COMBINED?!

robitx

Of course you would need permission to do so from the creators. Anyway I've tried messing around with both the armors from unoctium and L0rd0fWar using Outfit Studio and was successful when it comes to the SNCR Long Coat armor. I deleted the coat mesh and messed with the mesh for the armor part of it so it doesn't show ending up with only the pants visible, much like the Scavenged Mercenary mod by Tukster. As for the normal NCR armor, I had very little success. I messed with the pant's mesh so it doesn't show thru the SNCR pants but for some odd reason the left arm will glitch out on me, by overstretching to the sky. I do not know anything when it comes 3D modeling and I don't know what is going on with the NCR armor mesh, I assume it has to do with bones since the mesh looks fine but in the game the arm looks ridiculous. I was wondering if anybody could help me with the NCR armor mesh and how not to mess up the arm this time. Honestly I like both of the outfits but I like the NCR Ranger Coat more than the SNCR Long Coat, and the SNCR pants more than the NCR Ranger pants. Soooo yeh >>

A messed up, stretchy limb means the bone weights are screwed up. Which mesh did you use as the base? Usually if I have bone issues with one particular part of a mashup, I redo it using that mesh as the base and modifying the other mesh to adapt it to the base. In this case, that would mean starting with the NCR outfit, importing the SNCR outfit on top of it, and then moving the legs to line up with the NCR outfit. I have a bunch that you did it in the opposite order.

I used the NCR outfit mesh as the base, but I never imported another mesh (SNCR outfit) in the file. What I do is make one outfit with the legs visible have a body slot while the other outfit with the top have the torso and arms. It worked out for a while for me with different outfit mods but I guess the NCR outfit requires the body slot. I haven't tested if it does or not but I did test that even if you do increase or decrease any part of the outfit mesh, the stretchy arm will happen. But I'll try doing a mashup like you said, thanks for the help :D

update. I reinstalled the NCR mod to get the Body slot option for the outfit back and I tried editing the the mesh again (just a slight decrease of volume on the leg). it seems that having the body slot doesn't really change anything, the arm will still stretch out, plus I checked the bone weight on the arm and they're still the same. I'm not sure what's going on but I guess all I could do now is edit the SNCR mesh around the pants and hope it doesn't look ridiculous afterwards. Or learn everything about 3D modeling and bones, I feel like you guys need to be paid for these mods...

Edited by robitx

That's very odd. I've had issues with meshes stretching, but only after moving them; I've never had stretching caused by deflating or moving vertices on a different part of the mesh.

I'll take a look and see if I can whip something up, and if I run into the same issue, maybe I can find a way to fix it.

Edit: yep, I'm running into the same issue. It looks like it's related to the arm automatically scaling for the Pipboy, and I have no idea how to fix that.

Edited by Tukster

I don't know it seems futile for me to even mess with the mesh. I'll just move on even though the SNCR outfit's bottom look great with the NCR outfit's top. Thanks again for helping me with this, love your Scavenged Merc Gear mod.

Edited by robitx