[LE] Face geometry missing base morph extra data

tonybr

Hi!

I'm new to modding, but I played for soooooo long that I decided to make a mod of my own.

Just to, you know, give back to the community.

So, as the title says, I'm having a big nasty problem with a C++ file that is God knows where.

I'm making a follower mod. Well, not exactly a follower mod, but it'll start as one. I'm pretty close to the alpha test, but I keep redoing all my work 'cause of some random error that if not fixed screws up all the outcome.

So, this time I am being smart and asking for help. :smile:

I'm following this tutorial here:

I actually already watched half a dozen, but this one seems the most fail proof. Yep, lots and lots of fails before coming to speak to you guys.

So, when I try to preview the female face in the race object (I'm making a custom race) I get this nasty message:

File C:\[...]\TES Shared\FaceGen\BSFaceGenMorph.cpp

Line: 250
Face geometry missing base morph extra data

And my CK crashes. Now, people told me I could just download a race compatibility mod, but I do want my mod to be as much standalone as possible. I mean, I do have that mod for race compatibility, but I use it to try mods dependent on it.

So, I found somewhere 2 other people were receiving this same message. They NEVER got answered. One of them found out he was having a meshe problem and fixed it by switching the meshe. Well, I double-checked all the meshes with NifScope (the texture paths) and the paths in the CK too.

Now, to be honest, I don't think a 'geometry' problem would have anything to do with textures, and I'm totally dum when it comes to meshes.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, I found the glitch. It was a human one. At some point I decided to use custom facial animation .tri files, so I deleted the vanilla ones I previously had copied and... never copied the new ones. I'm still waiting for the mod author to allow it to be used, so I only have them in my backup copy. I figured it when I was replacing the meshes one by one with the backup ones to try to isolate the error. Well, since there's lack of information on this specific problem, I'll just keep this post here so people with a similar issue can see how it was solved in my case.

Edited by tonybr

• 1 year later...

I know that it's been a while, but your post was a big help. I had the same error "Face Geometry Missing Base Morph" when I loaded the NPC file in creation kit. Also my NPCs lips wouldn't move when talking in the game.

After reading your post I kept searching around for tri related settings. In the Creation Kit I had created a Head object in order to add a custom skin texture to the NPC. Some how the Tri location for the head had "Character Assets" listed twice (Actors\Character\Character Assets\Character Assets\FemaleHead.tri). Fixing the path resolved the issue and it's working perfectly now. Thanks!