Fallout 4 Unbearable Load Times

BeingShotAt

How long is long load times? 1 minute from interior to exterior? Which areas is worst? How many mods you got?

How long is long load times? 1 minute from interior to exterior? Which areas is worst? How many mods you got?

and what mods are they.

also, do you have auto save turned on?

too many auto saves can affect load times between interior and exterior cells and can even cause infinite loading screens

Are you using an Nvidia card? If so, changing Vertical Sync to FAST under manage 3D settings for JUST fallout4 will help a lot.

(it does for me)

Mods are NOT the issue. (happens without any mods whatsoever)

Savegames now, maybe. That doesn't explain the GPU usage dropping to next to nothing, unless of course, it's a bug.

(and this has been reported repeatedly on the Bethesda forums)

My Fallout 4 has really long load times

Is there a good guide out there to tweak and configure your Fallout 4 to have better performance?

You've given no hardware specs so I'll mention running this game off an HDD really has an impact on load times. If you're not using an SSD that is most certainly contributing if not fully causing your long load times.

I just started modding FO4 so i play with no mod. I also experience very long load times and i have a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti card, 1T SSD, 16g RAM, and an Intel quad core 4ghz processor. I swear when i played FO4 when it first came out load times were non-existent. Will try the fix above.

Edited by Overpopulation

Don't you get tearing with it on Fast?

I usually set it to On with PreRendered frames set to 1 so fps is variable with no input lag.

My Fallout 4 has really long load times

Is there a good guide out there to tweak and configure your Fallout 4 to have better performance?

You've given no hardware specs so I'll mention running this game off an HDD really has an impact on load times. If you're not using an SSD that is most certainly contributing if not fully causing your long load times.

Because I asked for a guide because I figured it had to do with needing to tweak some things

But already people have already given amazingly helpful suggestions for things I had never thought of(I had no idea auto saves can cause big problems)

I will compile a list of my mods, and my specs ASAP

Edited by BeingShotAt

Autosaves usually have a limit of 3-4 so they dont stack up that many. Manual saves you can stack. There is an ini setting to limit the amount, maybe you need to add it.

Personally I only saw an improvement in load times in some places in Boston when I removed the 100+ manual saves from my saves folder, but that was before Survival mode came out.