I can't justify being evil and be the Dragonborn

dexterwarden

I would really appreciate a bit of help here. How can I justify my character being a part of the Dark Brotherhood (e.g. caring out contracts) at the same time as she's talking with priests? Not only this; she's also murdered a ton of people 'cause she likes it very much.

I just need a justification for her behavior. I thought about playing 'good guy' with morals that Nietzsche himself would spit on but it just feels so ... unlimited; either I keep my look and gender and I'm a boring Nord-Woman Mage, or I go for warrior for Nord. Whatever I choose out of those two options I will have boring game-play.

However, if my character lacks morality all together (pale skin, black eyes, shooting fire-balls - does it get more evil?) I get so much more freedom, but in the end it's very much out of character, and killing just because of killing is not a fun game-style when we're talking NPC's.

How do I justify her wanting to battle dragons while she KILLS people? Why would she feel a need to save anyone?

I need serious answers here because this is a serious issue for me. This is my first singe-player RPG and the fun for me lies in doing the choices my character would do (although the game-developers sure as hell haven't put in enough cocky-choices); to call the dragon-priests "master" is a perfect example of this.

Regards

Edited by dexterwarden

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would she want the world to end? Even if she's evil I think she wouldn't want the world to end. After all, the power of the voice is just another weapon. Like the blade of woe. Or a bow. A weapon she can use to kill her enemies, or get richer or use to overpower her enemies and prove to everyone that she is the strongest of all.

I wrote some lines down trying to get a grasp of her personality. What do you guys think about this?

"She was born in Whiterun to an alcoholic father who beat her mother to death when she was eleven. When she was fifteen, after several years of physical abuse, she cut her fathers throat while he was asleep. She then fled Skyrim, changed her name and found a place to call home where they practiced destruction magicks.

She was taught to feel no remorse and to let her goal be nothing but to self-gratify her own needs.

She was taught that power was absolute and only through getting stronger could she reach said power.

She was taught that one must play a moral role in the world and never let anyone in on one's true objective [this to excuse why my evil black-eyed *censored* would call anyone "master"].

Elimination of witnesses whom saw the darkness within her [thieving - or her "wanting" of an item] was a necessity to follow; else she would perish and her name forgotten by history and forsaken by destiny.

A Black Witch in the cult she called Family prophesizedthat she would play a vital role in Skyrim's fate, and that she must return to the lands she once called home; for there she would find her destiny.

She was also told to look up the Dark Brotherhood, for their fate was linked to hers."

Should I change anything?

Edited by dexterwarden

Hahex: Yes, I should be more specific, but this is the first RPG I've ever played so I am very much unfamiliar with TES-lore.

PsYchotic666Joker: Well, actually I think it on some level matters; something must motivate her to "save" Skyrim. In my case I'm trying to make my character find her destiny through slaying dragons.

Skyrim has problems with this.

I was in Windhelm solving the murder in the middle of joining the Imperial quest. It struck me as really odd that I was wiping out Stormcloaks but could then help them solve their murder problem.

I am playing through Skyrim for the second time now as the first time, when the dark brotherhood kidnapped and put in me in the shack I thought "screw this, nobody tells me what to do" and killed the dark brotherhood member instead. I then took the mission where you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood den so didn't get to do any of those missions. On the second time I just joined the Dark Brotherhood just so I could do those missions. Seems like in Skyrim if you want to do all the quests you have to be bad.

Skyrim has problems with this.

I was in Windhelm solving the murder in the middle of joining the Imperial quest. It struck me as really odd that I was wiping out Stormcloaks but could then help them solve their murder problem.

I am playing through Skyrim for the second time now as the first time, when the dark brotherhood kidnapped and put in me in the shack I thought "screw this, nobody tells me what to do" and killed the dark brotherhood member instead. I then took the mission where you wipe out the Dark Brotherhood den so didn't get to do any of those missions. On the second time I just joined the Dark Brotherhood just so I could do those missions. Seems like in Skyrim if you want to do all the quests you have to be bad.

A true nihilist, indeed!