Creation Club

vjan55

well after reading all of these posts i get a bit of each person argument an after taking a gander at the CC club thing

i think my biggest fear out of all it is this
If it becomes sucessfull whats to stop Bethesda from turning mods into a completely "pay2play" ordeal for there next game an there future games? or possibly locking future mod programs for there games behind pay walls? i dont know the future while i have my worries i can see how this can be a good and a bad thing i can see how this might worry some people i sure dont really like it but if it can help some people make a bit of money or hell even get them a future career in game development im not gonna complain or *censored* about it

at least till bethesda does something to piss me off such pulling a take2two

though i do hope that bethesda plans on giving modders a good bit of what they make off the mods instead of stealing 90% of it an leaving the moder a few cents for there mods (AKA STEAM)

Edited by vjan55

well after reading all of these posts i get a bit of each person argument an after taking a gander at the CC club thing

i think my biggest fear out of all it is this

If it becomes sucessfull whats to stop Bethesda from turning mods into a completely "pay2play" ordeal for there next game an there future games? or possibly locking future mod programs for there games behind pay walls? i dont know the future while i have my worries i can see how this can be a good and a bad thing i can see how this might worry some people i sure dont really like it but if it can help some people make a bit of money or hell even get them a future career in game development im not gonna complain or *censored* about it

at least till bethesda does something to piss me off such pulling a take2two

though i do hope that bethesda plans on giving modders a good bit of what they make off the mods instead of stealing 90% of it an leaving the moder a few cents for there mods (AKA STEAM)

Bethesda knows or should know that what allows people to create creation club content is if they can use the creation kit. As such making free mods will most likely continue because it helps them create potention creation club content creators.

Watch your footing. There's a lot of slippery slope here, with some ad hominem thrown in to make the terrain treacherous.

That's Bethesda's fault. This isn't model painting hobby where you pay to buy kits. Sorry not Beth, likely ZenimaxProfits.

Watch your footing. There's a lot of slippery slope here, with some ad hominem thrown in to make the terrain treacherous.

That's Bethesda's fault. This isn't model painting hobby where you pay to buy kits. Sorry not Beth, likely ZenimaxProfits.

Methinks you didn't understand my statement. Logical fallacies in the posts here are not Bethesda's fault.

Â

Â

Â

Methinks you didn't understand my statement. Logical fallacies in the posts here are not Bethesda's fault.

Probably not, but still their fault for starting this mess. Once bitten twice shy. Oh wait they're not shy now, they will monetise mods whatever it takes

the only logical fallacies in this topic are that Bethesda need a free modding community to produce paid content in creation club, and that free mods sell games.

all Bethesda need are people who can create 3D models and texture and animate them (there are plenty of those around who are not part of any game modding community), plot writers (also not exclusive to the modding scene) and people to write the code and scripts (also not exclusive to modding).