replacing trees with the pre war versions

would it be reasonably simple to replace the trees in the commonwealth with the versions the pre war intro? it seems like it wouldn't be too complicated, but I can't help but wonder why Noone Has done it yet. they are a perfect medium between regrowth and the other tree mods. the ones I've seen all have blocky sparse leaves and branches, while the pre war versions are round, full and dark green, yet still not as huge as the regrowth overhaul trees.

I'm obviously not an expert on the CK, but I've made my way around a little bit, and am very determined to make my foliage look how I want it to be. so I guess I'm asking why Noone Has done anything like this, or if it is much more complicated than it seems

Edited by wanderer3292

Indeed it is very complicated, well perhaps very convoluted. You have to regenerate precombined meshes and precis for the whole world space, which equates to some 40GB or more of files, if you can actually generate them. You, d need a pretty damn good PC to do so.

well at least now I know, I definitely appreciate the response

No worries. We can thank Bethesda for implementing proprietary garbage systems designed to allow crazy unoptimized world building for this game. I tried my hand at regenerating the summer mod but the tree leaves being able to move causes occlusion bugs when they do as previs works from static position calculation, but because tree is mostly static it calculates the leaves/branches too unfortunately.

Cant you just copy the prewar tree nifs and replace the nif files for the post war tree nifs as a replacer?

Not without recombining all the precombined meshes used in the game. And regenerated previs. Which doesn't work very well with big fluffy branches.