Simple Collision

hello modders)

so, my question about collision, is there some easy way to add it to object?)

for excample i have tree, but it have only mesh and texture (like LOD model), and i want to add collision to this mesh

have CK and nifscope under hand)

solved)

so, how to make collision without making collision:

1. u need to find some pillar/post/pole mesh., something that looks like tree and have collision

2. go outfit studio and load pillar as reference, then load tree as outfit

3. rescale and move pillar inside the tree (hide inside)

4. done, now just export it to meshes folder and change path to ur model in CK

heh)

solved)

so, how to make collision without making collision:

1. u need to find some pillar/post/pole mesh., something that looks like tree and have collision

2. go outfit studio and load pillar as reference, then load tree as outfit

3. rescale and move pillar inside the tree (hide inside)

4. done, now just export it to meshes folder and change path to ur model in CK

heh)

That's pretty much how I've been making my "poor man's collisions" for any meshes I edit and for my static mashups. Outfit Studio will use the collision of the first mesh you add to it.

A few things to mention on doing things this way:

1. You can simplify the process a little bit from what you've posted though. You can drag and drop meshes from your folders right into the OS window without having to "load" the files."

2. I'm a little unclear from what you posted, but it sounds like you're trying to resize the collision by scaling the object with the collision you want to use? You can't change collision size or position in OS. You would need 3DS Max to do that. Sorry if that's not what you're saying, but your post reads as such.

3. You should open your new NIF in Nifskope, delete the branch of the object you brought into OS to steal collision from and run through the Sanitize functions. Then save the mesh and use this version of it in the CK.

4. You can check the positioning of the collision on your new mesh by toggling the F4 key with the mesh placed into a cell in the render window. If the collision position needs adjustment, you can change the position of the mesh branches in Nifskope, but as I said you CAN'T change anything to do with the actual collision without using 3DS Max.

Someone with more experience can chime in if my process is out of the norm as I'd love to know if there is anyway to improve it, but this way has worked perfectly for me since I've adopted it.

... You would need 3DS Max to do that. Sorry if that's not what you're saying, but your post reads as such.

That's not entirely true. You can combine and resize objects with their collision in CK.

1. create a new interior cell

2. move your (static!) objects from an object window into the render window

3. create a static collection

4. use "recreate nif" for the static collection

5. fine tune you nif in Nifscope

Well, i'm pretty sure there are youtube videos about SCOLs.

... You would need 3DS Max to do that. Sorry if that's not what you're saying, but your post reads as such.

That's not entirely true. You can combine and resize objects with their collision in CK.

1. create a new interior cell

2. move your (static!) objects from an object window into the render window

3. create a static collection

4. use "recreate nif" for the static collection

5. fine tune you nif in Nifscope

Well, i'm pretty sure there are youtube videos about SCOLs.

Yep. Been doing that too but didn't think to mention it since I've only recently started using SCOLs from the CK. Most of my mashups have been made in OS until now. I was assuming the OP was talking about meshes they have edited, but maybe not.

how to explain..

i have tree without col/ and pillar with col/

if to merge them in outfit studio or in nifscope - there will be tree with col/ of pillar

then if to scale-down pillar shape and hide it inside tree - i'm get tree with collision )

have test it, working