"Best" of the Imperial Legion mods

Saeta44

Legion mod to go with?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Legion mod to go with?

• Fort Akatosh Redux
    • The Imperial Legion v4 (Part 3)
    • Something else altogether

I'm tossing together my collection of mods- who isn't?- and I've run into a bit of an "issue." I want Legion infrastructure, to know that they're out there in droves defending Cyrodiil whether my character wants it or not. I've got my diverse guard mods (Diverse Guards and VIOLA), my patrols and my rangers, my Oblivion gate defenders, but what I don't have is (A) the ability to join the legion myself in any sense or (B) give me a headquarters for them. Naturally, these usually go hand-in-hand.

I believe I've narrowed it down to Fort Akatosh Redux (http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=21856) and The Imperial Legion (http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40823), but after that I'm honestly having issues deciding. In terms of completeness and overall quality then- the "feel" of being a part of the legion- which of the two mods would you most recommend? I've tinkered around with both and will continue to do so, but some insight's always helpful. So, pros and cons considered, what do you all think? Thanks in advance! :ohdear:

Note: would have put this in the "Mod Detectives" thread if not for having found the mods (unless there's a major legion mod you think I might be missing- I've already ruled out Fort Weye but only because I've got other Weye mods I'd like to use). I also expect a little discussion, at least.

Hi friend,

of cause it is Fort Akatosh, but there is a lot of stuff you need. You need the ressource pac and the LOD pack and cobl to have the game running. But having done the difficult installation you get a wonderful Fort with all you can think, good quests. But if your infame is higher than 25 you can't join the Legion. Your character should have level 6 to 10 before joining.

Have fun :thumbsup:

Harvald

Imperial legion faction mod beta. It may have beta in the name, but it is pretty much complete and stable.

Also there are some "dragon caption" mods dealing with the legion.

Thanks! I'd forgotten that one, but looking into it I remember why I omitted it before: it has issues regarding New Roads and Bridges, not to mention Unique Landscapes (and what doesn't?). I'll give it another look and see if I can't patch the landscape tearing and such if I'm impressed. Definitely looking to Dragon Captions' Fort Akatosh Redux though, I think. ;)

Thanks!

As for you, Harvald, I think I agree. Thanks for the requirements links. I knew there were a few but the (optional?) COBL one was new to me, so thank you too for your feedback!

Edited by Saeta44