Star Wars - A Darker Tomorrow

EdwardWinterRP

"Ah yes geonosis... now where was i? My dear Arruna, meet me there." Traya then turned to the com device and said:

"State my name and business? It seems you are a little amnesiac a the moment, so i will forgive such a slip up. I am The Dark Lord Of The New Sith Order, Darth Traya. I have use for your ship, the Tyranny in geonosis. I require you to partake in the battle that shall take place in the planets orbit." Traya said assertively.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonalm Tenshil - Narshadda, Jonalm's Hut

Morning faded to afternoon. Afternoon faded to evening. It was still just the same old routine. Eat, check messages, train, sleep. Eat, check messages, train, sleep. Once a week, Jonalm would journey to the city to help the unfortunate and lost, but he was completely devoid of interpersonal interaction otherwise. He had kept his skills well-honed throughout his years on Narshadda. He used to be able to keep up practical experience by trying to lead marauding bands of thieves to the ways of the light and dispatching those who aggressively refused. That was long ago, though. Nowadays, all the brigands simply circumvented the region, fearing the mad old Jedi hermit and his lightsaber. The old man was getting lazy...and bored.

All throughout the day, Jonalm's thoughts kept drifting back to that message he had received from Orthard Malbrene two days ago. He was elated to here that the Jedi Council was rebuilding to be sure, but he also knew that some of the pangs of loftiness and pride would still permeate the fledgling new Order. Those few truly wise and caring elders would be seeking the comfort of each other and seeking the attention of their new recruits. The new Order would need all the teachers it could muster.

Each of these daydreams ended in a bittersweet remembrance for Jonalm. He had personally insulted the entire Jedi Council and a fair portion of the general Order those two decades ago when he declared that he was retiring from active duty. He had called the hypocritical, shallow, lazy, proud, and greedy among other things. The announcement was not one of anger, however, and although it was ill-received at first, it had later sunk into the minds of a great many Jedi. Indeed, Jonalm had been rightly regarded as one of the most frugal members the Jedi Order had ever known. He only kept the essentials for himself and shared the excess freely with those who needed it. His self-imposed wandering and subsequent exile had only reinforced this natural spirit of resourcefulness. Jonalm had never known monetary or political wealth because he had simply refused both throughout the years. Officially, he was still only a Jedi Knight in terms of rank, but his sheer skill and character had more than earned him the title of Jedi Master in the eyes of his peers and throngs of the younger Jedi. After settling on Narshadda, the messages he had exchanged with his friends on Coruscant reflected the delayed impact of his words back onto him. It made his heart happy...it was one of the few things that made his old, gnarled heart happy anymore. He had desperately wanted reform in the Order, and both the prewar and postwar preachers and activists his speech had birthed had ushered in that reform speedily and skillfully. He appeared to be a celebrity on Coruscant now. Still, he couldn't help but wonder how he would be received by them should he ever personally return.

That morning, Jonalm had received more excited messages urging him to return to Coruscant to aid in the reconstruction. All of them said that it was time to end his isolation; that it was time to actively rejoin the Order. The aging Jedi had spent past few hours contemplating the pleadings. What if he did return to Coruscant...return to those which he had so firmly rebuked just twenty-five short years ago? Would his return reinforce his new popularity and level of respect or shatter yet another superficial film masking a lingering inner disdain for his words?

It was now well into the evening, and still Jonalm had not slept. He wrestled with the idea for a long time. He grappled with the ever present tinge of the Dark Side inside of him. It was tugging at his heart...whispering in this ear like some cheap Twi'lek seductress. Why should you go back to them...them, who shunned you for pointing out their own faults so vividly? - it said. Surely they would only ridicule you. Humiliate you. You said it yourself...they're just a bunch of hypocrites. Jonalm suppressed the darkness's charm, though. He hadn't said that they were "just" hypocrites. Everyone had a hypocritical side to them. Every conceivable fault was present in every sentient lifeform in varying degrees. He merely wanted his contemporaries to see how theirs had begun to overtake them. He wanted them to wake up. It seemed that they finally had.

Eventually, around midnight, Jonalm made up his mind. He was tired of living the hermit's life. He was going back to Coruscant. He packed what meager provisions he cared to bring along. A bit of food, a bit of water, his armored robe, and his lightsabers and blaster. After his preparations, Jonalm cast one last look around his small, ramshackle hut. It had been his home for quite some time and it had served him well. He had taken care to destroy any electronic device that he did not want to bring so as to sever any discoverable link he ever had to the place. The last thing he did before setting out into the blackness was carve up his old box computer with his lightsaber.

After about an our of trudging through Narshadda's wilds, Jonalm once again found himself in the city. He quickly found his way to the starport and booked a passage to Coruscant on a commercial ferry. It was a hyperspeed-capable vessel; expensive, but the quickest way to get to Coruscant. As Jonalm slid into his seat near the back of the craft, the large hulk's engines keyed to life. The gray-headed Jedi watched as Narshadda's metropolis faded into the stars.

The minutes ticked by as the passengers waited for the super-taxi's lightspeed booster to power up. Jonalm had passed by the first few minutes by simply studying his fellow passengers. Humans, Twi'leks, Rodians, Hutts, Biths, along with all other manners of people, both adults and children, were packed together. A few rows up from himself, Jonalm spied a type of person he had not seen in quite some time. She appeared human, with free, flowing golden blonde hair tinted slightly blue by the ship's lights. She had a modest, sloping forehead that curved down into a cutely-dipped nose and two full, thickly-lashed, oval-shaped bright blue eyes. Underneath lay a sweet mouth, halved into two puffy, rose-stained lips with a delicate Cupid's bow in the upper and a gentle crease in the lower. A short, slightly pointed chin rounded the bottom of her face. Bordering her visage on the sides were two elegant, angular cheeks light pink with blush that swept down into a lightly squared jaw. Jonalm had not seen that kind of exotic look for many long years. A Mandalorian... - he thought to himself. My god, how few they are nowadays.

Jonalm was jolted from his musing by a small hand tugging at the left side of his robe. He looked over and saw a little dark-skinned human female child curiously fingering his cloak. The old Jedi was about to say hello when the girl's mother suddenly ran over and pulled her hand away from him.

"No no, Misia. You know better than to touch strangers." the mother said.

"Oh, it's quite alright. I was just going to say hello to her." Jonalm interjected.

The mother simply gave the man a mixed look of surprise and disgust before walking away, dragging her child behind her. Jonalm sadly turned back toward his window. The universe had grown so hostile...and people had grown so paranoid, so...overprotective. Jonalm didn't resist as woeful tears began trickling down his wrinkled cheeks. He sorely hoped that this reconstruction of the Jedi Order was for real. The universe desperately needed a new beacon of light amid the ocean of darkness.

Jonalm's thoughts rested on this for a few moments before he heard the telltale "bong" of the lightspeed booster reading full power. He braced himself as the ship accelerated at an incredibly fast pace toward Coruscant.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Arruna spent the rest of the day with Darth Traya going over her plans ... and after Traya had dismissed her by informing Arruna that she was planning to take another vessel to Geonosis ... Arruna then boarded her own ship.

"R2-69, bring up the Star Map", she said.

Looking at her huge Gactic Star Map, Arruna pictured it like a huge round clock ... with Coruscant at the 12 O' clock mark yet in the center of the clock just a fraction north of the bull's eye and Sarcophagus where they currently were was also at the bulls eye but at around the 3:30 PM mark ... with their destination of Geonosis laying almost perfectly at the 4:00 PM mark yet at the very edge or border of the clock.

The Correllian Run was the perfect space highway to travel as it passed Sarcophagus and then headed out south south east to the far away Outer Rim planets where Geonosis lay.

"Hmm", she said to herself, "perhaps I should have my Twilek Twins from Naos III join me ... they're always up for a good fight".

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/yuri-chick/nexus1sw.jpg

R2-69 set a course for Naos III and while you're at it, get the Bounty Hunter sisters from Naos III on the holo, I'll take the com in my quarters.

Her ship slowly rose through the violent storm and then streaked across the sky into dark space.

Arruna relaxing in her quarters received the incoming transmission ... "Greetings illustrious Arruna" the twins chimed together, "how may we function together with you ?"

Arruna laughed, "Function together with me indeed, yes my dear pretties, I have a proposal that will definitely *and she paused and leaned forward for effect* 'wet your

appetites ... are you interested ?"

Kinsa Nain also leaned forward and winked quite wickedly and said, "an old Twilek dance saying goes like this, ... 'The dry slipper gives one poise but the wet one teaches control', and Iam so bored and so hopelessly out of control".

"That was my line" giggled her twin Koy.

"Yes well you always get to dance with our mistress and leave me behind in the ship, so I was just saying ....".

"Girls, girls, relax, take it easy, we are ALL going to dance this time", said Arruna as she playfully drew a blade across her tongue, Kinsa leaned a bit forward watching.

"But will it be together mistress Arruna ?" she queried.

Koy also sat watching hoping for a bit of blood.

Arruna knew exactly what to say and do to get their attention.

"Yes dearest Kinsa, we are surely going to dance together this time and it's going to be very shall we say, hot, very, very hot, and we

are ALL going to lose control together.

The Twins whooped and clapped hands like little school girls ... Arruna just smiled and swallowed the small pool of blood that had now

formed on her tongue.

Kinsa unconciously opened her mouth and wiggled her tongue as if also able to taste the blood.

"And girls, if your dancing impresses me, then I might just be inclined to, uh train you a bit" said Arruna.

The twins stiffened, they had seen Arruna in action before and out of pure fear of her they never asked how it was that she could do what she did ... now she offered to teach

them ... this was more valuable than amount of credits.

"There shall be nothing that will hinder our "dancing" mistress Arruna of that you can rest assured ... we are your humble servants, what is the path of your choosing ?"

"Yes", said to hersef, "these girls were the most savage private bounty hunters she had ever come across in all her travels across the galaxy" ... "Very well ladies,

I will arrive at Naos in a few days time ... be prepared ... oh, and pack for hot weather", and with that she ended the transmission.

Truly Darth Traya's plans would be accomplished and as she remembered her mothers words, "By hook or by crook".

Yes, indeed.

Edited by Nintii

"Ah yes geonosis... now where was i? My dear Arruna, meet me there." Traya then turned to the com device and said:

"State my name and business? It seems you are a little amnesiac a the moment, so i will forgive such a slip up. I am The Dark Lord Of The New Sith Order, Darth Traya. I have use for your ship, the Tyranny in geonosis. I require you to partake in the battle that shall take place in the planets orbit." Traya said assertively.

"My mind is still intact. The Tyranny is ready and able for comba, but, my lady, I believe you may have the wrong ship" Kaiden said, snapping to a salute

"My mind is still intact. The Tyranny is ready and able for comba, but, my lady, I believe you may have the wrong ship" Kaiden said, snapping to a salute

"Do you really think i would be wasting my time contacting you, Kaiden, if i had the wrong ship? No, i wan't the Tyranny and it's crew. Despite the small size of your vessel, it is indeed powerful.... Just like the Ebon Hawk.... Only a lot larger. Now, i need your word you will serve me in this battle... traitors of the lady of betrayal are punished... severely."

"Do you really think i would be wasting my time contacting you, Kaiden, if i had the wrong ship? No, i wan't the Tyranny and it's crew. Despite the small size of your vessel, it is indeed powerful.... Just like the Ebon Hawk.... Only a lot larger. Now, i need your word you will serve me in this battle... traitors of the lady of betrayal are punished... severely."

"The Tyranny is awaiting orders, my lady" Lieutenant Kaiden didn't ask how she knew his name, he had a good idea how already "Does this mean that The Tyranny is to break away from the main fleet?" he decided not to dishearten the crew by reminding everyone that the main fleet was only about 9 ships large

Edited by Brutii

"There is no main fleet as such.... The group of vessels you call the main fleet consist of 9 ships. I have many more being constructed.... Nearly 40 units are complete already. But yes, if you can handle it, then breaking from the main fleet would be useful." Traya said.

"My lady, you do realise that The Tyranny can not handle battle ships by itself"

"Do you think me a fool? I have use of your ship so i will use it. Indeed fight with the main fleet, but i had a stealth opperation, of a sort in mind for you."

Kaiden resisted the temptation to say yes to the first part, but he decided to wait longer, maybe she wasn't as agressive as the other sith... fat chance "Where is this ship heading then?"

Edited by Brutii