Star Wars - A Darker Tomorrow

EdwardWinterRP

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: In the legacy era, where this RP is set, they got rid of the title Supreme chancellor due to palpatines actions, and elected for a new title befitting of the galactic leader: Chief of state (Supreme chancellor just with a different name :D)

OOC: Oh, right... gay name

The chief of state entered "This session is now in session"

OOC: odd sentance

Senator Odette activated the control panel on her pod, and it hovered into the centre of the room. She was dressed in an ornate black gown.

"People of the senate. I come forth to you today to make a plea. As i am sure many of you are aware, but are afraid to say it, the sith have returned. In the form of a new cult it seems, ready to destroy the galactic alliance, and wipe out the jedi. My request, as Senator of Sacorria, i that of a fleet. We require the resources and permission to build a large fleet of warships, so we may combat the sith threat."

Senator Odette activated the control panel on her pod, and it hovered into the centre of the room. She was dressed in an ornate black gown.

"People of the senate. I come forth to you today to make a plea. As i am sure many of you are aware, but are afraid to say it, the sith have returned. In the form of a new cult it seems, ready to destroy the galactic alliance, and wipe out the jedi. My request, as Senator of Sacorria, i that of a fleet. We require the resources and permission to build a large fleet of warships, so we may combat the sith threat."

"I object! The sith are no where near powerful enough to come close to the ships we already have!" A senator called

"They are the sith! Do you think something like how many ships we have will affect there demeanor!? No, and even if we destroy them, they will surely kill many unprotected worlds, just like Sacorria." Senator Odette said, rebuking the comment of the previous senator.

"I still object! We have more than enough to match them, in land, space and another battle you can think of!"

"Senator, calm down, we all want to avoid a battle with the sith but leaving planets undefended because we don't have enough ships is ludicrousness!"

"As much confidence i have in the alliance fleet, i do not wish to take away numbers of vessels for the protection of worlds. I came here for the resources and permission for us to build our own fleet, so should the need arise we would not only be able to defend, but add our ships to the war effort." Senator Odette said, standing stern.

"As much confidence i have in the alliance fleet, i do not wish to take away numbers of vessels for the protection of worlds. I came here for the resources and permission for us to build our own fleet, so should the need arise we would not only be able to defend, but add our ships to the war effort." Senator Odette said, standing stern.

"Think about it! The sith spend 1000 years in hiding, and show up with a massive fleet?! What are the chances!"

"I say we vote on it, like all senatorial manors" the majority of the senate voted in favour of the new action, won by one vote

OOC: back in 5

Senator Odette smiled darkly for a moment, and then sat back down and waited for the verdict...

"As the vote has been succesful, the permission to build a fleet shall be passed"