SLI Graphical Bug - Shadows persist

KofH

Hello Nexus!

FOUND SOLUTION: Turn off AO until someone either comes up with a better solution, or official SLI support is released. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/59rwb8/sli_suport_for_skyrim_special_edition/d9eptyp/

My vanilla game (no mods, no reshade or enb) has a strange SLI problem that can be best described as a strange shadow/mesh over the actual graphics. The problem seems to go away when I disable SLI, but I haven't noticed any threads for SSE (or even regular Skyrim) SLI discussing such a problem. My game runs at 110+ FPS. Below are Gifs to better show what I'm talking about, I recommend full screening them for clarity.

Blue Palace in Solitude - Looks like a shadowy outline of the archway door of the palace, but over the plant.

Whiterun - there are some black lines that appear as the screen pans.

Here are my Nvidia Control Panel settings. I'm using NvidiaInspector bits recommended by this reddit post. Anyone have any clue what to do about this?

Specs:

4790k OC'd to 4.4ghz through MOBO.

MSI Gaming 5

2x8 Corsair Vengeance RAM

2x MSI GTX 1080 TI in SLI

Windows 10

1440p 144 FPS G-sync monitor

Thanks for your time! ^^

Edit: Added monitor to reduce confusion.

Edit: Found solution.

Edited by KofH

since everything is vanilla

it's likely a windows 10 problem

you should get enb and cleanmem see if they help watch tutorials for both

Edited by skannerz22

When I had an ENB, it didn't help. I'll take a look at Clean mem - see what that's all about. Thanks for the tip!

I might just reformat everything. I'm having other troubles with windows right now too. -_-

Hello Nexus!

My vanilla game (no mods, no reshade or enb) has a strange SLI problem that can be best described as a strange shadow/mesh over the actual graphics. The problem seems to go away when I disable SLI, but I haven't noticed any threads for SSE (or even regular Skyrim) SLI discussing such a problem. My game runs at 110+ FPS. Below are Gifs to better show what I'm talking about, I recommend full screening them for clarity.

Blue Palace in Solitude - Looks like a shadowy outline of the archway door of the palace, but over the plant.

Here are my Nvidia Control Panel settings. I'm using NvidiaInspector bits recommended by this reddit post. Anyone have any clue what to do about this?

Specs:

MSI Gaming 5

Windows 10

Thanks for your time! ^^

The reason that you do not have an issue when SLI is disabled is because you are using only one card by having the second card on a 1080 P monitor and Gsync on it is pointless overkill and that is visual tearing that you're seeing.

Turn V sync to on. Because of Skyrim havoc physics you need to limit your FPS. To 60 or less. You can do that within NV Inspector.

If you're going to be able to properly use that graphical set up you need to be at 1440 P and still limited by the physics requirement of the game.

Sort of pointless overkill if you are at 1080 P.

Edited by Reynard131

Hello Nexus!

Specs:

MSI Gaming 5

Windows 10

Thanks for your time! ^^

The reason that you do not have an issue when SLI is disabled is because you are using only one card by having the second card on a 1080 P monitor and Gsync on it is pointless overkill and that is visual tearing that you're seeing.

Turn V sync to on. Because of Skyrim havoc physics you need to limit your FPS. To 60 or less. You can do that within NV Inspector.

If you're going to be able to properly use that graphical set up you need to be at 1440 P and still limited by the physics requirement of the game.

Sort of pointless overkill if you are at 1080 P.

Edit: for those of you reading, there is a fix for high FPS physics problems. I'm running at 110 FPS with NO HAVOK ISSUES. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5aao95/possible_fix_to_allow_skyrim_to_run_on_120fps/.

Heya, I am running at 1440p! In fact, I'm running at 1440p 144 fps G-sync, which is why I have v-sync off. I originally had the Havok/fps fix in my ini settings but I reset my ini file in an attempt to revert completely to vanilla state. However, I'll try turning on v-sync just in case. Not gonna let your suggestion to go waste. ^^

Although, where did I say I was running 1080p? o_O

Edit: Actually, when I reset the ini, v-sync turned itself on. Sorry for the confusion. However, this does rule out v-sync as the culprit.

Edit 2: Apparently, the problem has indeed gone away, but now I'm confused because v-sync was definitely on the last time I tried. Something else changed. Trying to figure out what.

Edit 3: Found it. Something I did made SLI stop working for SSE. No SLI no problem. Not sure how I disabled SLI but once re-enabled the problem was back.

Edited by KofH

When I had an ENB, it didn't help. I'll take a look at Clean mem - see what that's all about. Thanks for the tip!

I might just reformat everything. I'm having other troubles with windows right now too. -_-

i told you so

windows 10

i told you so

windows 10

Thanks for trying! Found the problem. It's not Windows 10 or anything related to cleanmem.

When you SLI Skyrim SE, Ambient Occlusion messes up after you press ESC or open up your quest journal. It's a weird unsupported SLI problem. I turned off AO and the issue went away. I would have just played without ever pressing ESC, but it's a tall order to play without opening up the quest journal. I'm hoping to find a mod that can provide an alternative to the quest journal, as that's probably more likely at this point then either Nvidia or Bethesda releasing official SLI support. See here https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/59rwb8/sli_suport_for_skyrim_special_edition/d9eptyp/.

I know both of you are trying to help but yeesh you're both so rude while doing it...

Edited by KofH