What are your top 5 must have mods?

SergeantGrrock

Mine would be... (and in order)

1. "SkyUI" - (duh) I have to include "Better Sorting" and "Categorized Favorites Menu" in this choice as they are (to me) all elements of the same improvement.

2. "Skyrim HD 2K Textures" - Obviously for it's many improvement on graphics.

3. "A Quality Worldmap with Roads" - It's made navigation much nicer for me and it just looks better.

4. "Glowing Ore Veins 300" - Some folks don't like this because it's like cheating. I say - it saves my eyeballs. Cheating? It's just ore.

5. "Colored Map Markers" - I like that my current quests now have a green marker in the directional compass let alone the map. I consider this the most under-rated mod on the Nexus.

Please don't flame my choices or anyone else's. Next?

The mod which removes Lydia's "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" is a must have for me :P.

FAIL. He didn't ask you to list one, but five.

Anyway, mine are:

1. SkyUI
  2. Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul
  3. Midas Magic
  4. Glowing Ore Veins
  5. Wars in Skyrim

1. SkyUI

2. Weapons and armor fixes

3. Jaysus swords (either that or third era weapons but I would prefer Jaysus more. 3rd era weapons are a bit boring)

4. dual wield sprint animation replacer (with swords and magic in one mod if I could find one otherwise just dual wield weapons)

5. Categorized favorites menu

Well not in that particular order it's just as they came to me. I have a lot more others but those are some that I would definitely need. Also I would've chosen Tytanis mod but the guy's disappeared and he hasn't be supporting his mod for a couple of months.

Edited by babis8142

4. dual wield sprint animation replacer (with swords and magic in one mod if I could find one otherwise just dual wield weapons)

Is #4 this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1987 ? I was hoping it was first person...

And I agree with #5, so helpful! And Jaysus Swords!

1. Confident ENB - This makes the game look so amazing I would never even consider playing without it.

2. SkyUI - For obvious reasons.

3. Xenius Character Enhancement

4. HD 2K textures

5. Balanced Magic - Makes a mage actually worth playing.

I have well over 100 mods installed but these are some of my favorites.

In no particular order:

1. SkuUI - default is terrible

2. Skyrim Community Uncapper - I don't want to grind Basket Weaving so my wizard can keep leveling up.

3. Realistic Lightning with Customization - Spooky dark dungeons, nights that make you carry a torch or just plain think about staying home.

4. Weapon and Armor Fixes - So many items are just completely messed up in vanilla.

5. Spells Scale with Skill - my own poor little WIP magic scaling fix. Still in its infancy; I've yet to go through and mess with individual spells.

1. FXAA Injector (custom preset with default lighting and reasonable sharpening = amazing)

2. Realistic Lighting without FXAA (I still use the Injector and both look great together)

3. Dozens of retextures..too many to list. Still, all a must have.

4. Compass Tuner (ideal for RPing)

5. Quality Worldmap with Roads (Why are there no roads on the vanilla map?! Poor console guys :()

1. UNP

2. True Groundcover (never pass up an opportunity to shamelessly promote yourself)

3. SKSE (not really a mod, but... it's necessary)

4. Duel - Combat Realism

5. No perk prerequisites (Why would I need to learn some of those skills in such a weird order?)

I'm surprised a lot of people like SkyUI, I can't stand it personally. For me, it would probably be:

1. All my replacement textures

2. FXAA Injector

3. Realistic Ragdolls and Force

4. Epic Thuum (Mod I'm almost finished working on)