Pathing , Navmesh and NPC activity

First off, thanks to everyone who contributes to this community! It's really awesome.

So I'm pretty new to CK and mod creation but I've been using mods in my games for a couple of years so I know the work that it takes to makes some of these mods.

I'm looking for more up to date info on NPC pathing and Navmesh editing. So if there is a source out there that I've missed please direct and I'll get out of your hair. At least till I have more educated questions, lol.

Specifically atm I am wandering where the more advanced movemen's come from. I deleted a garden space at the slog and than when I loaded the game the NPC were still hoeing there. So is that a script from the save? The action marker was deleted.

I solved this case by movING the action marker, loadING, saving, than going back to CK and deleting.

But my next edit will be to actually direct them on new paths.

Should be settler AI package telling then to do this, they farm by default.

When you say you removed a garden, was this a scrappable garden you scrapped in game or one you removed with CK?

I removed it in CK and I could see the npc markers telling them to use a hoe. I deleted those too but they kept doing it when I loaded the game.

I also tried it in game but of coarse the markers where still there telling them to use hoe.

My main question about that is after I delete the marker and they continue to do it, that must be a script running that was started by the marker but still lives in the save file?? How else would they be getting that command?

Edited by Goffender

Lol typical creation engine.

If you have deleted the marker physically, they shouldn't be able to start the animation. The AI package is what controls all this, I know the settler packages are quite complicated so I can't give you much help there. But the marker shouldn't have a script on it, it will be that the marker is referenced or picked up by the package. Perhaps there is a bug where NPCs will continue to use the marker if it is in the AI package even if deleted.

If you want to look at the AI package, have a look under Packages in the CK. I'm only just learning them myself, but they can get quite complicated very quickly.

use a save before you changed anything, fo4 bake a lot in the saves

best way to check anything is make a save before you leave vault use tat 1 to check things out

think it was tmm 1 to show all markers on map so you can port direct to any place

Edited by speedynl

Lol typical creation engine.

If you have deleted the marker physically, they shouldn't be able to start the animation. The AI package is what controls all this, I know the settler packages are quite complicated so I can't give you much help there. But the marker shouldn't have a script on it, it will be that the marker is referenced or picked up by the package. Perhaps there is a bug where NPCs will continue to use the marker if it is in the AI package even if deleted.

If you want to look at the AI package, have a look under Packages in the CK. I'm only just learning them myself, but they can get quite complicated very quickly.

Once I got them away from it they haven't restarted it.

Thanks, and I will check that out.