Follower Creatures

balwick

I've managed to create a sabercat that will follow me and fight for me if you look at him up close and hit E, but you don't see his name or get any chat options when you do so. I'd like him to have the same dialogue as one of the companion dogs, but can't for the life of me work out how. Anyone have any ideas? Any tutorials on the subject I've failed to find?

You could try to reskin the dog into a sabercat?

That's how I got to the point of him 'working', but he loses all the dialogue options with this method in my limited experience. More reading ahead I guess.

That sounds like a package problem to me, when you are "reskinning" the dog to appear as a sabrecat, are you just changing the base actors Race to sabrecat?

I don't know much about the AI packages and dialogue trees but it seems like the behavior package and would be a good place to start troubleshooting.

Edited by Reisz

Just been digging through all the companion creature mods on here and the Workshop, and so far it seems like nobdy has creatures functioning perfectly as they should (correct sounds etc) with dialogue as of yet. Well, guess I'll start looking some more again. Will have a look at everything suggested.