skyrim - transparent water (+ other related issues)

oscar718

Hi, I recently (this weekend) reinstalled skyrim (oldrim). installed and setup MO to manage my mods, cleaned all the masters, had loot sort the order (and fixed as advised in loot). Game worked, to a point. I noticed that water was transparent and spider webs were invisible (even though they were physically (so to speak) there.

after much headscatching and trying various options, eg deactivating visual, enviromental and texture mod (one at a time) and firing up the game each time. Still the same problem.

deativated all my mods,

validated my skyrim game (legendary edition) on steam to basically re-install the vanilla files. used tes5edit to clean the masters, and checked no issues using loot. Fired up the game and still the issue were the water is transparent (i'm assuming i will also have other issues ...eg the spider webs mentioned earlier)

this is really frustrating. tried searches for similar issues, nothing worked . Also currently have SE version installed on this PC (used NMM) and don't have this issue

Please can anyone suggest anything, please

PC spec

win10

i7 4.GHz processor

32 GB ram

NVidea GeForce GTX 970

a mod will be causing it

i had invisible water due to "realistic waters two" mod

there is a water mod on steam workshop that's not broken

you need to disable mods then delete data folder and reinstall to get the original water texture back

thanks for the response. I'm not sure it is a mod though, actually did as you suggested and still had colourless (or transparent) water and invisible cobwebs.

if you can tell me what the water mod on steam (that you implied) is, i will also install that, see if that has any affect

thanks for the response. I'm not sure it is a mod though, actually did as you suggested and still had colourless (or transparent) water and invisible cobwebs.

if you can tell me what the water mod on steam (that you implied) is, i will also install that, see if that has any affect

Using Mod Organizer you need to be careful about Priority and Overwrite if you are not careful you can create goofy issues.

I relocated my Skyrim LE installation over the weekend to give Beyond Skyrim : Bruma just short of DLC priority.

0-Skyrim

1-Update

2-Dawnguard

3-Hearthfires

4-Dragonborn

5-USLEEP

6-BSAssets

7-BSHeartland

8-EFF

Everything after EFF was sorted by Loot the Priority and Overwrite are identical L- pane to R- pane.

Install ENB Boost, and SKSE.ini (shesons patch).

I'm able to game for hours without issues no glitches have no grey face issues at all.

I use Realistic Waters 2 as well with zero issues for years.

Important to understand that because of the Havoc Physics that it's important to lock V sync On, at 60 frames per second if you have a NV - G Sync, or AMD - Free Sync variable refresh monitor.

After adding Real Vision ENB for COT 5, I'm able to travel anywhere in the world space without issues to Bruma, able to travel with my horse without crashes and have a smooth LOD using Simply Bigger Trees.

ISSUE CLEARED: just in case anyone has the same issue later. I completely wiped my install (game and MO). installed the game via steam, opened the game, same issue. Went through the S.T.E.P. guide to install and configure MO and the game, then added just one environment texture mod - "purity" from nexus. fired up the game and hey presto, water now has colour, problem solved. I can't say for certain whether it was the STEP guide or the mod that cured the issue, so if you have the same issue, i'd suggest the STEP guide first then the mod (or both). Thanks to those who offered advise