Collision Plane/Cube Not Working

FakerFace

So I just recently purchased Skyrim and got my hands on the CK to create my own mods. I found a great tutorial on YouTube on how to make bookshelves and mannequins. I got the bookshelf to work in terms of being able to place books. But I have another problem... when I place books they float around and fall off the shelf because I'm missing a collision plane or collision cube. Easy fix right?

The problem I have is that the collision geometry buttons for planes or cubes doesn't do anything (the square/cube with a C in it). I've already toggled views to enable viewing them, as I can see these collision cubes present in other cells, but it will not create new ones to save my life, either by clicking in the render window or selecting a reference like the CK Wiki says I should.

I tried googling this problem and cant find a solution anywhere, so I came here to see if you all could help me.

Thanks so much for your help in advance, I really appreciate it.

Those buttons work a lot better if you have an object selected in the render window.

As for making them for bookcases, I made six cubes for each shelf. I made each one very thin and used them like boards to make a hollow cube (front, back, top, bottom and 2 sides) where the books would be in the empty space between them.

Hope that helps.

Those buttons work a lot better if you have an object selected in the render window.

As for making them for bookcases, I made six cubes for each shelf. I made each one very thin and used them like boards to make a hollow cube (front, back, top, bottom and 2 sides) where the books would be in the empty space between them.

Hope that helps.

The problem is that I am unable to even make a collision cube or plane at all. The buttons used to create these items isnt working at all, so I cant just create them out of thin air. I have tried having references selected when I press the collision cube button, but nothing happens. Even when I have normal objects selected, the buttons dont create the collision objects at all.

@Phoenixn

I think I will have to try copy-pasting from other cells for now, but again I cant even create a collision object to resize at all, that's the problem I am having. I already know how gizmos work as I have pretty decent knowlege of Maya and 3DS Max.

It's easy to copy paste things, I want to learn how the system works from the ground up. But I cant really manage it if the program isnt allowing me to use a basic tool.

Try working in an empty (or sparsely occupied) cell and see if you see the Collision Box after pushing the button there.

As for copying, you can copy the Collison Boxes along with the other Bookshelf objects and activator from one cell to another.

Edited by Phoenixn