Fastest way to fill soul gems?

aerinqq

Hello everyone,

does anyone know a good farming place to fill my soul gems? I am training my enchanting and I have plenty of petty soul gems but I need them to fill quickly so preferably something with easier oponents but must be plenty of em.

thank you in advance

Never thought of this, but i would guess just try to soul trap everything?

i myself am working on this skill but not going to cheat with it.

currently it's level 42, all i have done is literally disenchant items i find. nothing else o-o

My player is level 18 1/2

Edited by PsYchotic666Joker

What I would do is get the Black Star first, then just raid forts and fill the Black Star with NPC souls, always guaranteed grand souls and the equipment will sell for a lot.

But for you, I'd say raid caves with animals in them, I wish I could think of a good location at the moment.

Also, when you disenchant things, try to disenchant the MOST expensive possible item for each respective enchantment. The experience gained from disenchanting is much higher when the item has a higher value.

Easiest way to grind Enchanting is to get the Black Star. Just ask barkeeps in Whiterun for rumours and you'll get the Azura's Shrine quest soon enough, head there and do the quest.

Also, try and find a weapon that has Soul Trap enchanted on it, Disenchant it, then re-enchant it with a 1 second duration on your primary weapon. The 1 second duration means even using a petty soul will give it around 100 charges or so and any kills made by the weapon will trap the soul.

Combined with the black star, you can kill a bandit, open items, charge your soul stealer, then kill another bandit, and repeat.

I would also suggest getting Acquisitive Soul gems, since it fixes the Black Star and Black Gems to only hold Black Souls and also prevents you using lesser souls to grind like a naughty 'sploiter!

Edited by BaconCat

Do the Companion Missions (easily done at low level), after a while you get loads of animal extermination jobs, quick, easy and paid to do them :). Ther Black (Azuras) Star is a good call but can only fill it with one grand soul at a time. Killing Mammoth iirc will also get you a grand soul and you wont need a black soul gem or the Black Star to capture it, just the normal grand soul gems.

First things you should enchant are a full set of alchemy stuff (ring, necklace, gloves and helm) and make fortify enchanting potions. Rinse and repeat as you need to, each time a little better potion to a better enchantment to more training ad experience.

Edited by ThrowingTracks

I know about Azura soul gem but its not effecient enough, rly the fastest way seems to be to just buy insane amount of empty petty soul gems (say from mage in Dragonsreach - buy 1-4, save, kill him, load, rinse and repeat), then I enchant a weapon with trap soul so far no problem but I need to fill the gems with souls...so I am speficially looking for some location where is huge amount of mobs, like skeevers or spiders or w/e, just huge amount so I can fill all those gems (say 60)...btw Ima not low lvl, currently 34, but I have yet to kill my first dragon lol...or is it easier to just buy already filled gems? theyre much more expensive, but considering cost/time effeciency...I guess I can grind the money to infinite just making daggers and enchanting em with banish, sell, rinse and repeat...

Whiterun hold is your friend as an enchanter-in-training.

You can fill petty soul gems with the souls of the following, all found in abundance in Whiterun hold:

mudcrabs

deer/elk

wolves

skeletons (low level)

some draugr

foxes

rabbits (?)

I personally stick to mudcrabs, wolves, and deer, while using my lesser soul gems on sabre cats and bears (not cave bears).

You will spend less than 1/10 the time of your journey from level 1-30 on hunting souls. Enchanting with them can be tedious, but won't actually take much time.

Hello everyone,

does anyone know a good farming place to fill my soul gems? I am training my enchanting and I have plenty of petty soul gems but I need them to fill quickly so preferably something with easier oponents but must be plenty of em.

thank you in advance

rivers where there's a lot of mudcrabs is the best way to do it..the river from riverwood on the way toward whiterun...you need to go a ways but eventually you'll run into a dozen or two mudcrabs, on the way toward the one tower with some enemies...you can keep farming that spot but you need to stay away from the area for a bit so they respawn but you can fill lots of soul gems thats way and also there is a cave with like 20 or 30 spiders and its along that river but further down on the way to windhelm, i can't remember what the name of the cave is but i just mostly kill mudcrabs and anything else while i'm cruising around.

Edited by arcanewizard