Creating Combo Detonator?

IAmTheClayman

Is it possible to make a power a detonator? I wanted to turn Nova into a detonator as opposed to a primer (because it honestly doesn't make sense as a primer, it's an AOE ground pound that looks like it should explode things) and noticed that it has an "Action" called FrostySdk.Ebx.MECSMAction_ApplyComboPrimer, with the ComboPrimer attribute pulling from game/damagetypes/combos/biotic/status_bioticprimer. I've found options for each type of detonation in the folders under combos, but no way to just apply a combo detonator modifier to the power

Edited by IAmTheClayman

Just bumping this. Would really be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction!

Yeah. More people should publish their project files so we can learn from them. :smile:

Agree 100% Phnx, and if I somehow figure this out on my own I will absolutely post the solution here

Eureka!

I think the appropriate file modify is the Impact data for the power. For example, let's compare Overload (a power which has detonation built-in), Incinerate (a power which can be specced into combo detonation @ Rank 6), and Assault Turret (a power which can never be a combo detonator).

Going to game/powers/[power name] and clicking on the power's folder reveals a number of different files. So if I wanted to modify Assault Turret, my first instinct would be to go to game/powers/assaultturret and click on the 'assaultturret' folder in FrostyEditor. Each folder contains a number of different file types:

• BlueprintBundle: I believe 'blueprint' is similar to how Unreal Engine refers to prepared/grouped assets as Blueprints (for anyone else familiar with Unity Engine, what we call 'prefabs')
  • BWAggregatedStat: based on the UIData field I assume it relates to populating information on the user interface
  • BWBaseStat: similar to above with focus on populating UI information
  • BWBeamBlueprint: perhaps a blueprint/prefab required for any weapon with a long, beam-like projectile?
  • BWCSMState: as far as I can tell, animation info (based on the inclusion of a timeline at the bottom of the file inspector)
  • DataProviderAsset: I believe this is an organizational file type used in other higher-level files, based on it requiring a BaseStat and AggregatedStat file in the 'BaseStat' and 'ModifierStat' fields
  • LogicPrefabBlueprint: TBH I have not investigated this file type much :huh:
  • MEImpactPackage: seems to contain detailed information regarding a single aspect of a power

There are several other files type -- perhaps it makes sense to start a post elsewhere cataloging these file types and what information they house/what their purpose is -- but the only other one important here is the MEPowerData file type, which is where I started looking to modify powers. There's an attribute here called BaseStats, and a lot going on, but essentially it's an array responsible for storing various info about a power.

For example, going to game/powers/assaultturret/power_assaultturret brings up the MEPowerData file for the Assault Turret. The BaseStats[0] attribute in this file seems to store a conditional statement that determines the turret's damage per bullet by checking if the player is in singleplayer or multiplayer. I'm sure this will be useful for makign singleplayer-only mods that don't get users banned in online play, but unfortunately nothing in BaseStats gave me the solution I was looking for.

However, when I dug into game/powers/assaultturret/imp_laser_assaultturret, one of several MEImpactPackages for the Assault Turret, I found something interesting. If you open up the ImpactList attribute, then the index 0 of the array (the dropdown listed as '[0]'), you'll find an attribute called 'ComboData'. And sure enough, opening up ComboData reveals a tickbox called 'IsComboDetonator'!

Sorry if this seems long a pedantic for some, but for those of us who aren't pure programmers I thought the full explanation might be beneficial. The TL;DR version: I'm 90% sure that MEImpactPackage files are responsible for setting combo detonator status. I will test this out and post once I can confirm.

P.S. There is a file under the assault turret's data called 'imp_projectilecollsiion_assaultturret', so it is possible that for this power one file has to do with the basic fire mode and the other for the flamethrower spec.

Edited by IAmTheClayman