Dragons never attack cities

jordanLoL

The only city I have not seen/had a dragon attack is in the city of Whiterun. I do not fast travel as a general rule, but have taken the available carts on occasion, but that doesn't seem to be a trigger in my game. The attacks seem to occur randomly, but not frequently. It has been a bit weird/frustrating as I did have an attack in Riften that wound up killing an NPC that was required to complete a quest later. Had to load a much earlier save to complete the quest.

I also seem to trigger a dragon every time I approach the abandoned house (bandits use it) east of Windhelm.

Since the 1.4 update, I've only seen about four or five dragons. None them attacking towns (one was close to Whiterun and one was just outside Rorickstead though). None of them were attacking me and two of them ran away before the fight was over ... in one case, outside of Riften, the fight never even started -- it just circled and left. I never fast travel by the way so that may skew my observations.

EDIT: Just to add that before the 1.4 update, it was routine to have a dragon attack me on the road or to attack a town about once per game day.

Edited by CarlCorey

Dragon dropped in on the farm in Ivarstead on my way to the Throat of the World, the whole town joined in on that battle.

Another almost landed on top of Lydia in the College of Winterhold courtyard out of nowhere, most of the mages just stood there in shock.

Not a city/town but i just stood/stared at one that landed on the rooftop of the Old Hroldan Inn east of Markarth, it stared back roaring at me.

Dragons are the best npc's in Skyrim, now if i could only get the deadly dragons mod to work right..

Yeah, I have had one attack Riverwood, Morthal, Whiterun, Winterhold, Rorikstead and two dragons attacked Dawnstar. One Elder and a Blood. And now on my high level save, I somehow don't get dragon attacks now. I go to Dragon Lairs to see if they are there or not, but I happened to kill all of them while exploring. So I had to live with it. Hadn't got a good dragon attack in ages. :wallbash:

Not long after my last post I happened upon an Ancient Dragon fighting with about four giants just west of Whiterun. I joined the battle and then had to contend with the one remaining giant after the dragon was finished. Again, I was never the direct target of the dragon. :/