Easy Item Renamer

Vortaka

Hi all,

With all my research, I wasn't able to find a way to rename an item (other then enchanting it).

I've look in the scripts and the CK itself but was unable to find anything relevant... Found the table itself (wasn't that hard) as a furniture but it doesn't have any script linked to it...

Simple questions:

1- Is there an easy rename way? (Script, command, item with the power of renaming) (If you have one, bypass the next question!)

2- Where does the table gets its information

I just like to rename the items I currently wear so that it's not a mess! They're either at the top, or at the bottom of the list!

Thanks for anyhelp!

Telwan

(later)

I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve, but all names are very easily changeable in the ck. Just load up skyrim >in the ck, under data files< , find the item you want by using the filter, and doubleclick. Then you will see 2 boxes in the upper left corner; one with the ID and one with the actual name. Just change the name, load your esp and... profit.

If you only want to edit the name of one instance of the item, change it's ID as well. This will create a completely new item with all properties of the previous one, without changing the base object. Usually when you are making new objects, you will want to edit the idea. If you use this method, you will have to place your new item somewhere in the game world. Just pick a cell from the cell view for this, drag and drop your new item into the render window, place drag it around for placing. The f key will order the item to fall to the ground.

I hope this helped; I am still not really sure what your request is, so if I jsut posted something you didn't need to know please clarify :)

Edited by FakePersonality

That's it! Nothing! I've tried finding scripts (everything relation to enchantment is almost empty), the item itself doesn't call any script either... I've also done a search for "bench" and I actually tell you that benches do exist!!! :P

Search for crafting too (the table itself "furniture" is empty/without link)...

WAcraftitem01 and 02 are empty (I don't know what they are really, but it's craft!)

I even did a text search on the directory with source scripts!

There are some TIF__ script that are related to crafting it seems... You might want to check them out, I might have missed something...

Checking it again, the QF__ scripts seem to hold some enchantment words... You might want to check it too...

Well, going eating now... Might check back a little more this afternoon...

P.S. By the way, I'm sure you understoof but if someone else didn't... I'm looking for the way how enchantment rename works... must be in a script right?

Edited by Vortaka

I've looked through just about every papyrus function filed in the ck wiki, and still haven't found any function for editing item stats. Skyrim has the enchanting script hard-coded, which is why you can't find it.

I'm going to check some other parts of the wiki, see if it has any info on this.