I'm being stalked by a dead Elder Dragon!

BrettM

Yesterday I was killing the giant in Giant's Grove for Chief Yamarz while he waited safely out of the way. When I got back to him, there was a dead Elder Dragon lying next to him. WTH? I never heard the sound of a dragon battle back there as I was fighting the giant, and I'm pretty sure that Yamarz coward couldn't have taken one down anyway. He didn't even seem to notice it. But, it burst into flames as I approached, giving me the soul and an opportunity to loot it.

Then I remembered that a couple of days ago I was attacked by an Elder Dragon when I traveled to Morthal, and something strange happened. I hit him with the finishing arrow just as he flew off a building, and he flew off to crash over near the mill. Or so I thought. I searched the area for quite some time, but never found his carcass to get my loot and soul. I finally shrugged it off and went about my business. I guessed that this was the same dragon, somehow attached to me until I got his soul.

A couple of fast-travels later, suddenly that dead Elder Dragon started showing up everywhere I went, with flesh miraculously restored but no loot or soul. It was something like the way horses behave, except for being useless other than for amusement, and we seemed to be a team. Who wouldn't want a dragon tagging around after them, right? So cool, except for the dead part.

Fortunately it stopped after a while ... except for Riften. At first he appeared on the bridge closest to Honeyside every time I went to Riften or exited the house. Later he moved to the next bridge over. Now he is always down in the canal below Snow-Shod Manor, slowly moving over to intersect with the building each time I travel, like something is slowly pulling him in that direction. I think the Snow-Shods are going to have a dead dragon in their basement soon.

I'm guessing he settled on Riften because I use Honeyside as my primary dwelling and visit frequently. But, while this is an amusing situation, I think it might be best to put an end to it. Is there a way to make this critter go away?

Edited by BrettM

Sorry to follow up my own post, but this dead dragon seems to be very persistent. I think I've disabled him half a dozen times now, and he still keeps appearing off and on, mostly in Riften but occasionally paying me a surprise visit in other locations. The ID shown when I click on him is 00013b68, if that information is of any help.

• 2 years later...