100% Crash Falkreath Hold

Slinkusss

I had a similar problem and, for me, it was the mod Moonpath to Elsweyr. I uninstalled it and was able to traverse the area with no problems. I reinstalled it using the nexus files instead of Steam, and it loaded safely and I could travel again with the mod installed. My two cents, even though no two errors are completely alike in this game, it might help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I litterally did everything that everyone suggested in this thread... uninstalled everything, even all the mods.... reverted to vanilla with hearthfire and dawnguard add ons, and still ctd. tried the ini thing, still CTD.... and so on forth.

Guess Farketh will always be offlimits no matter what.

• 1 month later...

I deactivated SMIM in my nexus mod manager, and the problem is solved. so even with the newest version of SMIM there are crashes that are related to it somehow. sorry I'm being vague, I'm just too wound up from migraines to thoroughly investigate that mod. funny thing is that when I deactivated plugins in my load order it STILL crashed, so I didn't think it was a mod problem. you have to physically remove the data from the folders.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! So I fixed this problem on my game after trying all of these solutions. I uninstalled Hearthfire and everything works perfectly! (I made sure to get rid of all of my Hearthfire mod add ons, as well.) It's a small price to pay since that DLC barely adds anything I'm interested in. This seems to be a problem that varies from person to person but produces a similar resulting crash. Hope this helped some of you! :happy:

• 5 months later...

To fix Falkreath:

1. -Disable (but not uninstall) ALL mods. Run ONLY the vanilla game (with it's DLC)
  2. -Make a new character (brand new game)
  3. -Start building the Falkreath home (foundation or more)
  4. -Save
  5. -Re-enable all of your mods
  6. -That should have fixed it.

I had this problem a while ago and that was the only way I could get it to stop crashing. You could either try that or just disable the Hearthfire.esm if you don't use it.

Even after following the last 6 pages of material and the links therein I have no resolution to my CTD's around Falkreath. Just wanted to leave a footprint stating that there are some incidents that are as yet unresolved. I will post if I ever find a resolution to my flavor of the problem.

Getting closer. It looks like Expanded Towns and Cities deletes or disables a good number of rock polygons in Falkreath. Is this contributory to the problem I am encountering? Not sure. We will see once I have my full load up. Since I have been working on this problem for weeks, I am extra cautious. Deleting the game and reinstalling from scratch, BOSSing, cleaning dirty mods, and starting a new save. From there we will see if I find any further mods that may be causing the crashes.

I haven't really played the game yet. I learned to Oblivion, Fallout 3, and NV that it is best to get your mods squared away before any real play.

Further posts to come.