My Character saying random silent things when trying to speak to NPCS.

ying69yang

So recently, I started getting the following issue:

When I try to initiate a conversation with any NPC, often times my character says some random remark with no voice acting. Things I've probably heard NPCS say before.

Example: I walk up to random security guard and press E, before the npcs replies anything, I see this

My Characters Name

What, we pals now? Gonna shoot the breeze? Take a walk.

Then the npc says something they usually say unrelated to what my character said

The game is not meant for my character to have these since I've been playing Fallout 4 forever.

Any comments or ideas would greatly help, as I've looked for over 2 hours for anyone else having this issue with no results. I've become desperate enough to post here in the forum.

Thank you very much for taking time of your day to leave a comment.

99% sure it has something to do with a mod that edits conversation.
If you're on pc, you might want to try verifying files via steam, that should redownload the defaults.
You may still have to do the disable-mods-one-by-one procedure.

I can't find Fallout 4 on steam. I think it's because I've got a pirated version. I downloaded to try the game but never came around to buy it because of all the bugs that had me restart a new game at some point far in or not.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. If anyone has another suggestion that might help, I'm all ears, if not, I think I deserve a bugged out game anyway since I've not supported Bethesda since new Vegas. Thanks regardless! Good day.

Banned - TVD.