Three big follower mods, but do they move between cells?

JSmitty23

I do not get what you mean exactly, but I'm using AFT ever since.

If you have a follower in a house with AFT that is not currently following you (told him to wait and relax there, or told him that this is his new home via "My Home Is Your Home"), they will usually move through the house, use this activator, use that activator, sit down somewhere, stand up again, go upstairs, open a door to reach the alchemy lagb etc, excluding trap doors (with or witthout loading screens). At least they do so for my only house that has a trapdoor to a basement. They might even leave the house and do some activitties like chopping wood or whatever outside, if you use My Home Is Your Home and tell them that they can work there and so on.

If you tell a follower to wait, they'll usually just stand in the way where you left them.

If you have a follower directly following you, they will follow you wherever you go, even through the trapdoor they won't use on their own.

I don't know about EFF's additional features, but I think AFT is pretty easy to use and offers a lot of options, which is why I chose it. (Not the one with MCM menu, the 'old' one)

What I mean is if I set the follower's home in say a mansions bedroom which is a seperate cell (loading screen) than the main room. Will they roam around the mansion or just stay in the bedroom. Can they go through load doors whilst they're dismissed at home

Edited by JSmitty23

they should actually do that, my spouse always leaves the house to do stuff in the garden, and that's definitely a loading screen, and I am 100 percent sure I told him to WORK at the alchemy lab via MHIYH, and not to run outside, as there may be dragon attacks, he still does so, so it's either AFT's fault or a side effect of MHIYH.

I can't really tell, since I have a lot of houses and a lott of followers living in them, and I assigned them all using MHIYH.

It may also depend on the house itself. While they leave my family's house to hang out in the garden although they were not told to do so, the one's living in Breezehome for example do not leave it to run around town. (I haven't told them to anyway, and I locked Lydia up in the basement because she went on my nerves :D)

So if you're content with what EFF offers, I suggest you try My Home Is Your Home in addition to it, just load it after your follower mod. You can assign different homes to each of your followers, tell there where to sleep, where to work, and where to hang out and stuff, as long as they're dismissed. They will return to their assigned homes as well, if you dismiss them anywhere in the world, so you won't lose any follower anymore. ^^

Ofc you could try AFT as well, it's up to you. At least I can tell from experience that both mods work nicely together.