Warning "Xfrom mod X overidden by X" Help?

theritram

This is the basic error for all of my mods that I'm attempting to install. I'm not sure what in tap dancing christ is actually going on, since I had mods working on a previous install... now I can't seem to get them going.

7/26/2017 11:59 PM] *** Warning: EADB4E1A8788194081933A558522A293from mod Spiked10 overridden by SpikeyCentre
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

This is the basic error for all of my mods that I'm attempting to install. I'm not sure what in tap dancing christ is actually going on, since I had mods working on a previous install... now I can't seem to get them going.
7/26/2017 11:59 PM] *** Warning: EADB4E1A8788194081933A558522A293from mod Spiked10 overridden by SpikeyCentre
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Did anything in the load order change since then?

Have you changed the way you set up your .daimods in the designated mod folder?

What is the in-game result if you run the game despite the warnings?

I also have a ton of warnings when I merge my own mod loadout, but most of them are safe to ignore as it is often because I have mods that covers some of the same elements, but one mod might edit two elements where I only want to use the first part and I have a second mod that overrides the second part of the first mod with something else that I want, so I get a warning that the second part of the first mod is being overridden by the second mod and so on.

All these warnings don't really matter per say, all that really matters is that the in-game result is what is intended :)

As a tip it could be a good idea to organize your .daimods into folders according to priority inside your mod folder, the DAIModManager will load your mods alphabetically according to the names they have in the mod folder and not after what they are called inside the DAIModManager UI itself, but it will ready anything you place inside the mod folder and use it to organize the load list, meaning that if you create 2 folders calling them for example A and B, then it will read folder A first and then B and the DAIModManager will load the content of each folder in that order, so if you place high priority mods in folder B they will be read last and will override anything with a lower priority in folder A, but that is just an example, I personally have a total of 10 folders and most of those have subfolders as well :P

Example:

5869495-1501158807.png

Hope any of this is helpful :)

Unfortunately none of the mods work at all in game D:. I usually do have things organized, but with DAI I never have really since I don't have too many mods. Any idea as to why the game won't read them?

I even adjusted the package.mft from 11 to 12.

Thank you for the tips, I feel ashamed my folder is so messy now haha.

The first go around all I had was the mods still in my downloads folder in their own designated DAI Mods folder. From there I also had the Mod Manager and everything worked groovy. For some reason, it's not going so well this time..

Edited by theritram

Unfortunately none of the mods work at all in game D:. I usually do have things organized, but with DAI I never have really since I don't have too many mods. Any idea as to why the game won't read them?

I even adjusted the package.mft from 11 to 12.

Thank you for the tips, I feel ashamed my folder is so messy now haha.

The first go around all I had was the mods still in my downloads folder in their own designated DAI Mods folder. From there I also had the Mod Manager and everything worked groovy. For some reason, it's not going so well this time..

How long ago was it that you last updated the mods you use? some of them could be incompatible with the latest game patch, as along the way some things was rearranged in the game assets, so it could be that the mods simply no longer point to the right directories :)

If you get a error message "overridden by" then it means that you use one or more mods which replace the same thing and can't be used together. Simply choose the one you want and disable the others. And I also use "older" mods or some of those which you use and they work fine, so I don't know whether the mentioned problem "incompatible with the latest game patch" really applies to you but it can be quite possible. ( I have no error messages while merge my mods - too many warnings aren't normal )

If you messed with the files yourself, uninstall and re-install Dragon Age Inquisition - don't repair it, a clean install.

It might also be because you copied a "package" mod inside of your game's folder. That isn't necessary, you need to merge those with the ModManager just like the .daimod files.

If you have the Game of the Year addition and installed all of the content available, try to delete all of them and just install the below list:

Tresspasser
The Descent
The Black Emporioum
Jaws of Hakkon

After that repair your game to create the patch, then try to mod the game and re-install all the other content which are available and load your last saved game:

Spoils of the Qunari
Spoils of the Avvar
Flames of the Inquisition Weapons
Flames of the Inquisition Armored Mount
Flames of the Inquisition Armor

General Troubleshooting Steps

Make sure...

... you run the DAI Tools Suite and game as admin

... you have the following programs installed on your PC: DirectX11 and .NET Framework 4 or higher

... both your game's path and your mods' path are correct ( Dragon Age Path where you have your DragonAgeInquisition.exe )
... your mods and the ModManager aren't in the same folder

... the "Update" folder doesn't contain actual mods ( the ones that have a .mft file and a "Data" folder in them ). Those so called "self contained" mods NEED to be merged with the ModManager as they WILL mess up both the ModMaker and the ModManager.

Check your game settings and set the graphics meshes and textures to Ultra or higher than Default. Many mods don't appear if your settings are too low. When using hair mods your mesh settings must be set to Ultra, otherwise the hair won't show up in game and outside of cutscenes.

If Mod Manager doesn’t work, the mods aren’t showing up in your game or your game fails to load, use the ‘Repair Game’ option in your Origin client.

If your game fails to start, double-check that your antivirus isn’t blocking it - several people have reported their antivirus blocking the game.

If this is your first time running the ModManager after updating to the latest Patch, make sure to check the ‘Force rescan of Patch’ check box in the lower right-hand corner of the ModManager ( you may uncheck that box once a successful merge has been completed ). When checking that box doesn’t work, navigate to your Mod Manager folder ( inside DAIToolsSuite_Loader 1.0\Tools\Mod Manager\Main\Mod Manager v1.0 ) and delete the Patch.daimod file, and run ModManager again.

I really hope that one of these solutions will help you! :smile:

The graphics are set to the proper parameters, and I haven't tried a reinstall just yet. I did, however, remove some of the mods I saw errors from, just in case some of them were actually conflicting. This is the new error message I get at the end of the merge.

Ok, you get this error if you start ModManager for the first time ( triggered by the reinstall ). Uncheck the "Read Only" in the properties box of your DAI folder ( right-click that drive and go to properties > security tab > edit button > select your user/admin account and check allow for all the appropriate boxes, OK out of everything ) that should fix it. :smile:

Ok, you get this error if you start ModManager for the first time ( triggered by the reinstall ). Uncheck the "Read Only" in the properties box of your DAI folder ( right-click that drive and go to properties > security tab > edit button > select your user/admin account and check allow for all the appropriate boxes, OK out of everything ) that should fix it. :smile:

My dear friend, you are in fact a Goddess among the many lurkers and modders on this wonderful site! Thank you so very much!

Edited by theritram